Pace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Pace

Post by moto748 »

To be fair, it's pretty rare to see a winger run around his opposite number on the outside in the modern game.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

No straw damn us wrote:Let's turn it around Dave and ask what do you know about Miski? Why not wait and see like most rational people would do?
I didn’t know anything about George Carmont but assumed because he was an NRL first grader he’d probably go OK.

Common sense wouldn’t you agree?

So what’s wrong with assuming a player who is 26, which is I think how old Carmont was when he came, who hasn’t made it in the NRL and ended up in a championship side is of championship level?

If he was any good why wasn’t he picked up by another NRL side when let go by Manly?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:39 pm
No straw damn us wrote:Let's turn it around Dave and ask what do you know about Miski? Why not wait and see like most rational people would do?
I didn’t know anything about George Carmont but assumed because he was an NRL first grader he’d probably go OK.

So what’s wrong with assuming a player who is 26, which is I think how old Carmont was when he came, who hasn’t made it in the NRL and ended up in a championship side is of championship level?

If he was any good why wasn’t he picked up by another NRL side when let go by Manly?
Like French. He's crap.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:42 pm

Like French. He's crap.
bevan french still isnt 26, hasnt played in the NRL in 2 years and played 8 times more games and scored 17x more tries than Miski in the NRL
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Someone needs to give their irony-meter a tap.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

With French, Field & Marshall we'll have plenty pace.
The big job is to get them into positions where they can use their pace.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

moto748 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:24 pm To be fair, it's pretty rare to see a winger run around his opposite number on the outside in the modern game.
Not in the NRL it isn’t.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:17 am
Charriots Offiah wrote:Is our three quarter line the slowest in SL? Miski and the returning French will be a breath of fresh air.
What do you know about Miski and why do you think he’s going to be any good? How often have you seen him play? The only thing i have heard about him is he was supposedly useless v Toulouse and I know he’s been playing in the championship so I assume that’s his level.
Would that logic apply to Alex Walmsley, for example?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:04 pm https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=762790784414408
Miski can leg it Hanks as his centre .
A bit more optimistic about Miski, he has heft and balance on that viewing. Just need about 7 more signings of that and better quality :(
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pedro wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:54 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:42 pm

Like French. He's crap.
bevan french still isnt 26, hasnt played in the NRL in 2 years and played 8 times more games and scored 17x more tries than Miski in the NRL
Yeah, but by Dave's thinking he's shit because he was dropped by the NRL.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐