Pace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Pace

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Is our three quarter line the slowest in SL? Miski and the returning French will be a breath of fresh air.
DaveO

Re: Pace

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote:Is our three quarter line the slowest in SL? Miski and the returning French will be a breath of fresh air.
What do you know about Miski and why do you think he’s going to be any good? How often have you seen him play? The only thing i have heard about him is he was supposedly useless v Toulouse and I know he’s been playing in the championship so I assume that’s his level.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't think Marshall is short of pace. But the best teams get their strike players into open space, as Melbourne are able to do with Ado-Carr, Not saying Marshy is anywhere near that level, but the point remains.
God2

Post by God2 »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:17 am
Charriots Offiah wrote:Is our three quarter line the slowest in SL? Miski and the returning French will be a breath of fresh air.
What do you know about Miski and why do you think he’s going to be any good? How often have you seen him play? The only thing i have heard about him is he was supposedly useless v Toulouse and I know he’s been playing in the championship so I assume that’s his level.
I’ve seen him regularly, he’s going to surprise fans next season. Really good out of yardage and very strong and difficult to tackle.

Was only overlooked by Manly due to the sheer quality of outside backs there. Only came to the UK in January during lockdown.

Championship isn’t his level at all, and you give him a disservice with that assumption. Holds the record at Manly for bench press from an outside back just to give an indication on how strong he is.

More than likely be our top try scorer next season, in fact I’m willing to put a bet on it.
pedro

Post by pedro »

God2 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:53 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:17 am
I’ve seen him regularly, he’s going to surprise fans next season. Really good out of yardage and very strong and difficult to tackle.

Was only overlooked by Manly due to the sheer quality of outside backs there. Only came to the UK in January during lockdown.

Championship isn’t his level at all, and you give him a disservice with that assumption. Holds the record at Manly for bench press from an outside back just to give an indication on how strong he is.

More than likely be our top try scorer next season, in fact I’m willing to put a bet on it.
But was released from other nsw cup teams before signing for manly feeder club, hes 26 and played less than 30 pro games, not great
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Beginning to wonder if Marshall is even that fast anymore?

Cannot remember last time I saw him stretch his legs.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:17 am Beginning to wonder if Marshall is even that fast anymore?

Cas away but had no chasers
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pedro

Post by pedro »

Yeah looked proper quick again
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:17 am Beginning to wonder if Marshall is even that fast anymore?

Might help if he ever got a pass.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wintergreen wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:44 am

Might help if he ever got a pass.
There was only one real opportunity for Gildart to pass it last night where he could have made a break.

All others he’d have been in touch.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."