key positions need change

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jackthelad

Re: key positions need change

Post by jackthelad »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:01 pm
jackthelad wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:53 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:05 pm What will the squad likely be next season?

French
Hanley

Marshall
Hankinson
Hardaker
Thornley
Halsall
Bibby
Miski

Field
Leuleui
Smith

Mago
Ellis
Singleton
Byrne
Havard

Powell
O'Neil

KPP
Farrell
Isa
Bateman
Smithies
McDonnell

Partington
Shorrcks

Plus a couple of promising U-19s?
It’s getting creepy how you go on about hankinson all the time.
Kicker or not, he’s championship standard at best. If not why didn’t any other team in SL loan him if he was SL standard?
Sorry Barney, nothing creepy at all, you obviously don't rate him, that's fine, he has another year on contract at Wigan he would've improved our team this past season, if Lam hadn't mismanaged him

Unfortunately you don't have a clue as to why he didn't go on loan to another SL club #money
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

jackthelad wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:21 am
jackthelad wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:53 pm
Kicker or not, he’s championship standard at best. If not why didn’t any other team in SL loan him if he was SL standard?
Sorry Barney, nothing creepy at all, you obviously don't rate him, that's fine, he has another year on contract at Wigan he would've improved our team this past season, if Lam hadn't mismanaged him

Unfortunately you don't have a clue as to why he didn't go on loan to another SL club #money
How did Lam mismanage him.

He either isn't considered good enough and so was left on lone

Or

Couldn't be brought back short term due to the agreement.

If he's considered good enough why would the club go for Thornley?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

You don’t need to bring Hankinson into it to be mystified as to why the club would go for Thornley.

The fact from the write up of the fans forum IL seems enthusiastic about the signing is enough to question his sanity.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

At the end of the day, it doesn't look much of a squad, does it? I sure hope French comes back fit and firing.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

moto748 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:16 pm At the end of the day, it doesn't look much of a squad, does it? I sure hope French comes back fit and firing.
If our starting centres next year are Hank and thornley, we’ll need a calendar not a stopwatch
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Lazy J wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:46 pm
moto748 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:16 pm At the end of the day, it doesn't look much of a squad, does it? I sure hope French comes back fit and firing.
If our starting centres next year are Hank and thornley, we’ll need a calendar not a stopwatch
IL and KR have got a lot wrong recently but I cannot imagine them letting Hardaker go without a centre lined up to replace him.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:55 am
jackthelad wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:21 am

How did Lam mismanage him.

He either isn't considered good enough and so was left on lone

Or

Couldn't be brought back short term due to the agreement.

If he's considered good enough why would the club go for Thornley?
Hankinson is a flat average trundler sorry if that hurts peoples feelings but tough he found his level at London and weirdly feel that bill and Ben have signed the winger that they recreate the magic and win the world championship again and again..

Meanwhile on planet sanity..
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

For me in order of priority we need (we need all these IMO but this is the order i see)

1. A Hooker with more than a single dimension
2. An experienced halfback
3. A decent centre
4. A Pack Leading Prop

In reality what i think will probably happen

Powell will be given a 60 year contract that gives him guaranteed head coach duties when he retires from tackling in the year 2059, Tommy L will go round again - because we need pace and if theres one thing that Radzinski does well its looking at the thing we need and ignoring it completely

We will re-sign sarge at centre Radlinski will remind fans that he is an unstoppable world talent and that we are lucky to fend of a number of teams including Featherstone and York city knights for his elusive signature and as hes a returning player he will be made a marquee signing because why the chuff not

we will find out that the 2 aussies we have signed have serious injuries at least 1 will never play for us because no one bothers to check things like that - we will be told its impossible to forsee such events.

We will re-sign oliver gildart half way through the season after scoring 1 try in 13 games for the Ron Massey Cup side Glebe Dirty Reds. Rads will hail this as the move of the century and we will be treated to several back where he belongs posts on social media, he'll get injured in the first game back and remain injured for 3 years until rediscovering his for in the 4th year and signing for leeds

The coaching staff line up will be announced for 2030 it will contain 30 retired players and as a cost cutting exercise we will only field a team of 2 players - Powell and Harry Smith

Personally i cant wait
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

Brilliant!
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:For me in order of priority we need (we need all these IMO but this is the order i see)

1. A Hooker with more than a single dimension
2. An experienced halfback
3. A decent centre
4. A Pack Leading Prop

In reality what i think will probably happen

Powell will be given a 60 year contract that gives him guaranteed head coach duties when he retires from tackling in the year 2059, Tommy L will go round again - because we need pace and if theres one thing that Radzinski does well its looking at the thing we need and ignoring it completely

We will re-sign sarge at centre Radlinski will remind fans that he is an unstoppable world talent and that we are lucky to fend of a number of teams including Featherstone and York city knights for his elusive signature and as hes a returning player he will be made a marquee signing because why the chuff not

we will find out that the 2 aussies we have signed have serious injuries at least 1 will never play for us because no one bothers to check things like that - we will be told its impossible to forsee such events.

We will re-sign oliver gildart half way through the season after scoring 1 try in 13 games for the Ron Massey Cup side Glebe Dirty Reds. Rads will hail this as the move of the century and we will be treated to several back where he belongs posts on social media, he'll get injured in the first game back and remain injured for 3 years until rediscovering his for in the 4th year and signing for leeds

The coaching staff line up will be announced for 2030 it will contain 30 retired players and as a cost cutting exercise we will only field a team of 2 players - Powell and Harry Smith

Personally i cant wait
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk