Wigan Warriors forward confirms departure as move to rival looms

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors forward confirms departure as move to rival looms

Post by josie andrews »

Joe Bullock has confirmed his exit from Wigan Warriors.

The flame-haired enforcer has been at the DW Stadium for the past three seasons, but found chances limited in 2021 due to injury.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-wa ... oms-43616/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: Wigan Warriors forward confirms departure as move to rival looms

Post by fozzieskem »

Frustrating time with him he just didn’t push on for me shame he has the tools to become a very good prop but for me at least he just didn’t do it often enough
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

pedro wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:17 pmenforcer :lol:
Was just about to post the same reaction. Flame haired cardboard tank would’ve been closer to the truth. He just doesn’t have the fire inside of him to use his physique and natural attributes, which is such a shame because he could be anything if he just had the mentality of somebody like Partington. If you could combine both players you’d have perfection.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Although hes not been great defensively i get the sneaky feeling he will go well at wire
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:20 pm Although hes not been great defensively i get the sneaky feeling he will go well at wire
It wouldn’t surprise me at all
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

He could well have improved here if Lam had given him more game time. 10-20 mins a game in the few times he was selected isn't enough. No wonder he didn't improve.
Lam has a lot to answer for!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

When he was signed it was greeted as the signing of a squad player from a lower league club. Has he not proved to be exactly of that standard?

Did people really expect him to become a top class forward just because he came here?
pedro

Post by pedro »

I did, he won prop of the year in the championship and has all the attributes to be a good prop
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:39 am When he was signed it was greeted as the signing of a squad player from a lower league club. Has he not proved to be exactly of that standard?

Did people really expect him to become a top class forward just because he came here?
Honestly I had an open mind with him but what happened was in the end he didn’t show himself to be a championship grade player now if there’s more to come from him I’ll be amazed but we shall see how he goes at Warrington