This season frustrated / worrying/ angry/ frightened

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: This season frustrated / worrying/ angry/ frightened

Post by nathan_rugby »

DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:11 pm
pedro wrote:
DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:15 am It doesn't move by much and in any case if the players live in France they are spending Euros not pounds. So the cost of living in France dictates how lucrative or not a contract with Les Cats is.

I don't know when they fix the cap but if the pound is weak and the cap is £2.1m converted they get fewer Euros to spend anyway.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
with that logic the cost of living says we can spend more than Leeds as its cheaper to live here than there? or is 80k ...80k?
Not sure what your point is. In the U.K. the biggest difference in cost of living is between the north and south generally with London being stupidly expensive these days and if I recall correctly London Broncos got a slightly larger cap to compensate when they were in SL.

If living in France costs more than here then a salary cap converted from pounds to Euros won’t go as far. Especially if the pound is weak when the conversion is done.

Knowing how daft RL is run it wouldn’t surprise me if they have a fixed amount of Euros as the cap for France and how much that is worth in comparison depends on fluctuations in the currency markets.
If it wasn’t a fixed cap in euros how could Catalans plan ahead?

They could have a squad full of players tied up for the next few years, be under the cap on current amount and then be over if the exchange rate changes.

It’s pretty obvious to me?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

If a player signs say a three year contract then his contract is set at that value at the exchange rate at the time.
It's hardly rocket science.

So McIlorums one year deal will be set at the rate when his contract was signed.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Depieched Mode Tribute Band
Depieched Mode Tribute Band
Untitled.gif (210.09 KiB) Viewed 647 times
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:40 pm
DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:11 pm
pedro wrote:
with that logic the cost of living says we can spend more than Leeds as its cheaper to live here than there? or is 80k ...80k?
Not sure what your point is. In the U.K. the biggest difference in cost of living is between the north and south generally with London being stupidly expensive these days and if I recall correctly London Broncos got a slightly larger cap to compensate when they were in SL.

If living in France costs more than here then a salary cap converted from pounds to Euros won’t go as far. Especially if the pound is weak when the conversion is done.

Knowing how daft RL is run it wouldn’t surprise me if they have a fixed amount of Euros as the cap for France and how much that is worth in comparison depends on fluctuations in the currency markets.
If it wasn’t a fixed cap in euros how could Catalans plan ahead?

They could have a squad full of players tied up for the next few years, be under the cap on current amount and then be over if the exchange rate changes.

It’s pretty obvious to me?
it was fixed when the salary cap was changed