Toulouse and Bretherton.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Toulouse and Bretherton.

Post by ian.birchall »

In the dim and distant past I remember a match, perhaps v Cats in France watching a young Bretherton and Sutton interpassing between themselves with abandon and thinking two big forwards who looked like the future. We kept Sutton and released Bretherton, first on loan and then permanently to Toulouse, but having watched the game yesterday and seeing the matured size of Bretherton and his excellent all round performance I would hope that if Toulouse do not get into Superleague next season we would be looking to fetch this lad back to Wigan.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Barney841

Re: Toulouse and Bretherton.

Post by Barney841 »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:16 am In the dim and distant past I remember a match, perhaps v Cats in France watching a young Bretherton and Sutton interpassing between themselves with abandon and thinking two big forwards who looked like the future. We kept Sutton and released Bretherton, first on loan and then permanently to Toulouse, but having watched the game yesterday and seeing the matured size of Bretherton and his excellent all round performance I would hope that if Toulouse do not get into Superleague next season we would be looking to fetch this lad back to Wigan.
Don’t see why not.
We bring every bugger else back
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:27 am
ian.birchall wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:16 am In the dim and distant past I remember a match, perhaps v Cats in France watching a young Bretherton and Sutton interpassing between themselves with abandon and thinking two big forwards who looked like the future. We kept Sutton and released Bretherton, first on loan and then permanently to Toulouse, but having watched the game yesterday and seeing the matured size of Bretherton and his excellent all round performance I would hope that if Toulouse do not get into Superleague next season we would be looking to fetch this lad back to Wigan.
Don’t see why not.
We bring every bugger else back
But with the difference that this lad looked like he would be a good signing.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

When he left to me ateast he didn't seem to be able to .push on but it might be the case he's at the right club for him as he looks a different player altogether now