New role for Winder

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

New role for Winder

Post by josie andrews »

John Winder’s contract as Assistant Coach ends in 2021 and he will take up a senior role with the club’s partner company, Competence Development.

As Head of Youth in 2011, John started the careers of many players including George Williams, Ryan Hampshire, Ryan Sutton and Dom Manfredi. He was promoted to First Team Assistant Coach and in this position, the Club went on to win two Super League Grand Final in 2016 and 2018, the World Club Challenge in 2017 and the League Leaders’ Shield in 2020.

His new role will see him leading the way in the digital sector – helping to design and implement new applications and content to support schools and training establishments, community Rugby League and elite sport.

Kris Radlinski said: “John is one of the great people in the sport of rugby league and his skill set and qualifications are vast. His knowledge and experience will play a vital part in developing Sporting Excellence, Education and Health programmes across a range of different commercial areas.

“We are pleased that he has agreed to stay with us via our partner company. He should be incredibly proud of his Rugby League journey and his professional career now goes in an alternative direction, we have no doubt that the results will be the same.”

John Winder said: “First of all I want to thank Ian, Kris and Shaun for the opportunity they gave me to play a part in the history of this great club. I have been fortunate to work with some talented and committed players and staff in that time, winning every major honour both domestically and internationally. I am immensely proud of that.

“Developing people to fulfil their potential in life is a topic I am deeply passionate about. To date, I have focused on player, coach and community development work and see my next role as one where I can combine the skills and experiences I have learned and apply them across a variety of business sectors.

“Wigan Rugby has been in my life for the past decade and in my heart since I was first introduced to Rugby League. This will never change and I look forward to watching the young players at the club continue to develop from the stands with my family.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/10/ ... or-winder/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Re: New role for Winder

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

More jobs for the boys
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:43 pm More jobs for the boys
What you talking about! He’s still at Wigan just gone to a different department!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:09 pm
What you talking about! He’s still at Wigan just gone to a different department!
Exactly - jobs for the boys
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:15 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:09 pm
Exactly - jobs for the boys
Give over! If you moved to a different department where you worked do you class that as “jobs for the boys?”
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Kris Radlinski said: “John is one of the great people in the sport of rugby league“

Another one bites the dust.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."