Wigan unveil new Coaching Team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Gerrumonside

Re: Wigan unveil new Coaching Team

Post by Gerrumonside »

Agree with you - think I’m glass half full with this and feeling upbeat about it. It’s an improvement on what we had and hopefully gives us stability to focus on other areas of squad development. Bring on next season!
Fan4Fifty

Re: Wigan Warriors’ shock new coaching staff announced

Post by Fan4Fifty »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:38 pm
Fan4Fifty wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:32 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:43 pm

I also knew about peet and lockers said on another thread it wasn't Wane. Not over moon with peet seen a lot of his coaching over years at amateur level but like everyone else he deserves the chance and will get my full support. Over moon with briers. We can only hope a new half back is on horizon.
So presumably when IL said at the Fans Forum that no decisions had been made about the coaching staff he was being very economical indeed with the truth, which I find pretty disappointing.
I think he may have implied that it wasn’t fully completed 😊
That's a very creditable and charitable way of looking at it and is the only justification I could come up with, but I don't think it's what he said. However, remember when we had 'benefit of the doubt' tries awarded? :roll:
Anyway, for the sake of our club, best of luck to the new coaching team.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I think the announcement of Briers as assistant coach has softer the blow of the announcement of the coach Peet.
I know he’s an unknown Peet but it’s not the most inspiring choice and time will tell.
He just needs impose his playing style on this team and not let Wane impede him too much
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I am not concerned about the coaching appointments I am more worried about the players they have got to work with. I expect the coaching team to get an extra 20% out of the current squad but I don’t think that will be enough to achieve silverware.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

The rest of rugby league will be delighted by these appointments.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

OK appointments, OK Tommy coming round again, OK signings.

I think we need more than OK to be challenging for honours next season.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Oh dear.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

The only question that matters is: How does that coaching team change the pattern and get the players that we have next season to attack and score tries?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

This all hinges on how much influence Briers ends up with because Wane and Peet are part of the problem.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:33 pm This all hinges on how much influence Briers ends up with because Wane and Peet are part of the problem.
In your opinion, however I like this talk

On joining Wigan, Lee Briers said:

“I’m really excited for the challenge – it’s what dreams are made of. Wigan is a massive Rugby League Club in anybody’s eyes so to be asked to come and coach here is special.

“I’m really looking forward to working alongside the staff here. We’re all focused on one thing and that’s making Wigan attractive winners again. We’re on the same wavelength, we’re all aligned and we’re looking forward to the job.”
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.