Four Warriors complete Row4Rob

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Four Warriors complete Row4Rob

Post by josie andrews »

Sean O’Loughlin, Thomas Leuluai, Willie Isa and Brad Singleton all participated in the fourth stage of the Row4Rob.

Warriors faced off against the ‘Super League All Stars’ team in a Lock dash down the Leeds to Liverpool Canal.

There is still time to donate to the Row4Rob event HERE. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/row4rob

The Row4Rob saw high profile names and Rugby League stars past & present get on the water to complete a marathon length canoe row, over four days, whilst carrying the match ball ahead of Saturday’s Betfred Super League Grand Final.

The Warriors quartet completed the final stage of the competition on Thursday, starting at Top Lock and competing in a ‘Lock Race’ before making their way down the canal to finish at the DW Stadium.

Speaking on the event, Brad Singleton said: “It was a great day to be involved in, a fantastic cause for a very special charity.

“It was pretty much the unknown, we all got pulled in to do a gentle ‘row’ – or so we thought but it turned out it was more of marine-like race with two teams ‘Wigan’ and ‘Super league All Stars’ running 2 canoes 2.5 miles down the side of the Leeds to Liverpool canal. The only rule being it couldn’t touch the ground and had to be paddled twice in the water!”

He added: “Across the board everyone ripped in, unfortunately after a bit of sabotage from the all star team we took a defeat. Either way I think all participants involved understood how strenuous or tough it got, it was absolutely no comparison compared to what the people that have the awful disease go through.

“For me personally it was easy to put my hand up for it, I see Rob as a great team mate and as a great friend and I hope at some point in the near future there can be a resolution for all.”

Willie Isa was another of the Warriors to participate, speaking on the day he said: “Yesterday was for a brilliant cause and for great people like Rob. I also have a friend who’s close to Rob, Stephen Darby, who’s battling the same condition so for me to personally get involved to help raise awareness for MND was a privilege.

“It was supposed to be a “canoeing” race but being typical Rugby League lads, we decided the quickest way to the finish line was to run and carry the canoe on our shoulders. The only canoeing we did was on two of the twenty-one locks on the canal as we literally ran for the rest of the challenge!”

Isa reflected on the importance of the event: “It was fun, challenging and I know the likes of Rob and Stephen wouldn’t expect anything less from the guys involved. Doing this event will hopefully raise awareness of MND as well as continuing to help raise funds for the education and research of the disease with the end goal of eventually finding a cure.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/10/ ... e-row4rob/

Check out the link for some photos of the ‘race’ 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Re: Four Warriors complete Row4Rob

Post by morley pie eater »

👋👋👋
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐