Shaun Wane reveals he turned down significant offers to return to Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Shaun Wane reveals he turned down significant offers to return to Wigan

Post by moto748 »

DaveO wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:22 pm
moto748 wrote:
DaveO wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:20 am
How about chasing a top class coach for a change?
Like who?
How should I know? I am not the one who has access to agents acting for coaches or in the loop as to who might be open to offers. That’s Rads and IL’s job to know this and it’s a job they seem pretty poor at.
"How should I know?" Jeez, can you hear yourself? Top coaches are not some Illuminatii whose names are kept secret from the world. Everyone who takes an interest can point to certain individuals who might be considered.

You appear to be starting from a position that there are in fact good and viable candidates out there, but that Rads has been inefficient in locating them and making a deal.

So who the hell are they? or is a constructive post from you asking too much? The rest of us who have to read your diatribes surely deserve it.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:
moto748 wrote: Like who?
How should I know? I am not the one who has access to agents acting for coaches or in the loop as to who might be open to offers. That’s Rads and IL’s job to know this and it’s a job they seem pretty poor at.
"How should I know?" Jeez, can you hear yourself? Top coaches are not some Illuminatii whose names are kept secret from the world. Everyone who takes an interest can point to certain individuals who might be considered.

You appear to be starting from a position that there are in fact good and viable candidates out there, but that Rads has been inefficient in locating them and making a deal.

So who the hell are they? or is a constructive post from you asking too much? The rest of us who have to read your diatribes surely deserve it.
You are just repeating the same stupid and facile arguments people put forward when someone says we need a new scrum half or hooker or whatever. If I had a £ for every time someone has posted “Who do you think is available?” which is clearly meant as some sort of excuse that we can’t sign anyone I’d be rich. Now you are doing the same thing with the coach.

We didn’t know Brian Noble was going to be poached from Bradford or that Madge was coming from Melbourne because we weren’t party to that information. Didn’t mean they weren’t available did it?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:17 pm
moto748 wrote:

You are just repeating the same stupid and facile arguments people put forward when someone says we need a new scrum half or hooker or whatever. If I had a £ for every time someone has posted “Who do you think is available?” which is clearly meant as some sort of excuse that we can’t sign anyone I’d be rich. Now you are doing the same thing with the coach.

We didn’t know Brian Noble was going to be poached from Bradford or that Madge was coming from Melbourne because we weren’t party to that information. Didn’t mean they weren’t available did it?
OK so if we are saying that we should be able to prise anyone from anywhere then its a list of the best - so lets go for Craig Bellamy, Cleary (and son) or former England boss Bennett?

Its less obvious who is or might be available - so a basis for discussion also?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well excuse me if I I' am sick of the whining and moaning that we're going to get on a daily basis from now on.

Everybody here knows your POV, Dave, you've repeated it about a million times.

Could you do the rest of us a favour and not repeat it any more, unless you have something fresh to contribute?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

moto748 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:12 pm Well excuse me if I I' am sick of the whining and moaning that we're going to get on a daily basis from now on.

Everybody here knows your POV, Dave, you've repeated it about a million times.

Could you do the rest of us a favour and not repeat it any more, unless you have something fresh to contribute?
so basically dont criticise the club and only say good things

Rads is that you?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:55 pm

so basically dont criticise the club and only say good things

Rads is that you?
Not what I said or meant. As I think you know perfectly well.

Please don't put words in my mouth.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:37 am
moto748 wrote:

OK so if we are saying that we should be able to prise anyone from anywhere then its a list of the best - so lets go for Craig Bellamy, Cleary (and son) or former England boss Bennett?

What about Sheen's or what's Smiths brother doing these days, both where respected NRL coaches so they should be amazing SL coaches
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Tim Sheens has gone back to Wests.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:27 am

What about Sheen's or what's Smiths brother doing these days, both where respected NRL coaches so they should be amazing SL coaches
What about Chris Anderson or Darryl Van Der Velde
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

medlocke wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:38 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:27 am

What about Chris Anderson or Darryl Van Der Velde
Ian Millward or Royce Simmons?