O’Loughlin: Excited for 2022

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

O’Loughlin: Excited for 2022

Post by josie andrews »

Sean O’Loughlin expressed his excitement after it was recently confirmed he will be Assistant Coach for a second year.

O’Loughlin: “I felt like last year I learnt a lot with the people around me.”

Hear from Lockers, and the new Coaching Team exclusively on Wigan TV.

Sean O’Loughlin caught up with Wigan TV following the announcement that the Warriors legend will continue as an Assistant Coach for a second year, alongside Lee Briers and under the leadership of Matt Peet.

On the recent announcement about the new Coaching Team for 2022 and beyond, O’Loughlin said: “There’s a few new faces, a few people moving around but I’m really excited about it, excited to start the new season. I felt like last year I learnt a lot with the people around me, the team I worked with last year really invested in me. Hopefully I can improve and move forward this year with the new team.”

The former Warriors captain was full of praise for the new Head Coach: “The first thing people will think is about experience because he is a young coach, but I’ve seen what he does and it doesn’t matter what level it’s at, if you have those abilities in place, they work throughout the coaching World and he’s definitely got them.

“He’s always looking to better himself, always looking to learn from other organisations, people and players. It’s something he’s always wanted to do, he’s a Wigan lad, loves the game and I know he sees this as a really exciting point for his career too.”

O’Loughlin will also be joined as Assistant Coach by Lee Briers: “Lee has burnt us on the playing side a number of times, he was a real classy footballer, classy player. His ability to read games, read defensive lines, a massive attacking ability to the way he played the game, he was always a headache when you came up against him and he always caused you trouble. From my point of view personally, getting to work with new people coming in it’s great, you always try to learn off people and I’m sure he’s someone who will teach me a lot of things.”

Looking ahead to the 2022 season, O’Loughlin added: “We know the ability is going to be there, the work ethic we are talking about with Waney (Shaun Wane) driving that, it feels like we’re in a very good place.”

To watch the full interview with Lockers, head to Wigan TV now by clicking HERE! https://tv.wiganwarriors.com/login?url= ... 53JTNEJTNE

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/10/ ... -for-2022/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan