Wigan Warriors give extended injury update on four key men following serious injuries

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
buttmonkey2

Re: Wigan Warriors give extended injury update on four key men following serious injuries

Post by buttmonkey2 »

If he is behind schedule for regaining fitness (as the report appears to state) then you do question the wisdom of the club allowing him so long a stay in Australia

Yes I know his family live there. Yes I know a family member has been seriously unwell. Yes I know the club has a duty of care to him

He also has a contract which should stipulate the minimum standards expected from him.

He wasn't fit when he was initially allowed extended leave in Australia last season and look how that turned out. Now the report says he will be behind (in fitness) when he returns next season ??!! Will he be big enough to play prop? The club should request an earlier arrival time in order to get him fit and ready and if that means an earlier pre-season for him then he either agrees or he leaves by mutual consent and we find someone who is available and willing to put the effort in off-field as well as on it
Back by demand.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Wigan Warriors give extended injury update on four key men following serious injuries

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Trouble is the club set precedent last year so can’t go hard line now
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:55 pm Trouble is the club set precedent last year so can’t go hard line now
I would argue that it proved that the stance taken at that time was wrong. Done in sympathy for his ill relative.

He came back unfit. Was rushed into the team and picked up what turned out to be a serious injury. I would more than guess this was purely due to his lack of fitness from a full preseason than anything else.

We are seriously facing a similar scenario unless he's literally on a strict training regime as sent to him via the club and he has been dedicated and professional enough to stick to it. From the club's point-of-view (via the report) he has not been.
Back by demand.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Plenty mention of being ready for pre season.
So when does pre season start?