Wigan Warriors give extended injury update on four key men following serious injuries

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Wigan Warriors give extended injury update on four key men following serious injuries

Post by widdenoldboy »

Southern Softy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:01 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:28 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:39 am It's not a question of slating the club, it's just that you should never issue a statement that raises more questions than it answers. That's a fairly basic rule.
We need warts and all updates - we got it - we can't have just good news (as if!).
Well, you can see from the thread that it's not the fact that supporters don't appreciate the statement, it's more that it brings out a series of issues that need clarification.
No one was asking if Tommy was going to be fit - they were asking what the plan was for him to play and in what position.
If Harry had a chronic shoulder issue that needed reconstructive surgery, will he really be fit for the season? Think about others who have had that problem.
The apparent French rehab problem has just started hares running and the comment about Field having a minor groin problem left me and others wondering why a minor problem following a presumably more serious problem meant that we have hardly ever seen him on the field.
Lots of clubs produce injury updates. Wigan tend not to, so, when they do produce one, it needs to be definitive and not cause supporters to wonder if there are more problems behind it.
No one likes bad news but you can put up with it if it answers an important question in supporters' minds.
Fair points all - but an update is providing an "as is" of the situation. As those issues progress hopefully they will resolve. If the club waits until the end then its no longer an update and would be accused of hiding the truth?
nathan_rugby

Re: Wigan Warriors give extended injury update on four key men following serious injuries

Post by nathan_rugby »

But what are they trying to achieve with the French update?

It’s like they are preparing us for the worst and down the line if things don’t go to plan they can say “we did warn you”.

But that isn’t right, the club allowed him
To return home and has the power to request he comes back now…
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Exactly that. Now I'm more pessimistic than I was about BF being fit and ready for the start of the season.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:10 am But what are they trying to achieve with the French update?

It’s like they are preparing us for the worst and down the line if things don’t go to plan they can say “we did warn you”.

How its literally just a injured player update. Are they preparing us for TL not recovering, is Smiths injury career ending and this is just building a narrative.

No it's literally a injury update on players,
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:10 am But what are they trying to achieve with the French update?
The reality of the situation?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:01 pm

How its literally just a injured player update. Are they preparing us for TL not recovering, is Smiths injury career ending and this is just building a narrative.

No it's literally a injury update on players,
I get fans are interested in knowing about players returns from injury. But let’s be honest the clubs communication to the fans has been shocking.

I just don’t get what they are trying to achieve with this? It’s October, pre season starts in 2 months and the season starts in 4… the only logical reason the club would be telling us this is to prepare us for French not being ready for game 1.

Why else would they bother ?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:13 pm
The reality of the situation?
Why are they being so open and detailed about bad news with French and potentially a repeat of this season but they aren’t telling us about extended contracts which have happened or announcing Thornley across the media channels ?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Maybe the promised annoncements will fill that gap.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I challenge the club to come straight out and deny French is NOT leaving or better still announce he has SIGNED a new or existing contract for 2022 that will shut me up and i will apologise I await your response with not much hope :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by ddtftf on Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:48 pm I challenge the club to come straight out and deny French is NOT leaving or better still announce he has SIGNED a new or existing contract for 2002 that will shut me up and i will apologise I await your response with not much hope :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
I mean you are posting your challenge on a forum and asking for an announcement 20 years ago.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.