George Burgess

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: George Burgess

Post by nathan_rugby »

I wonder if there is anything in players contracts that mean they should call out any issues they have that would mean they cannot carry out the requirements of the role?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Just heard John Kear giving big raps to Mike Rush as being the one behind the set-up/recruitment etc at Saints.

We have Radlinski - Lovely bloke - remembers players' mother's birthdays, and so on - but every bit as responsible for where we are as Rush is for Saints. Until he is replaced, nothing will change.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:09 am Just heard John Kear giving big raps to Mike Rush as being the one behind the set-up/recruitment etc at Saints.

We have Radlinski - Lovely bloke - remembers players' mother's birthdays, and so on - but every bit as responsible for where we are as Rush is for Saints. Until he is replaced, nothing will change.
Rush is excellent that's for sure to me Radlinski simply isn't anywhere near what Rush can do and like it or not he does a fine job at Saints
Wes

Post by Wes »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:09 pm Would we have known?

I doubt south's would give that info
His agent wouldn't

Plenty of players play with on going issues so as long as it's manageable

That leaves a medical to pick it up and if he made it through that and is adamant he could what do you do?

I doubt any season tickets where sold on Burgess numbers are down year on year and a prop doesn't really put but bums on seats.
Most players know what barbers others go do I don’t there was no-one at Wigan who knew anyone at rabbits to confirm this

Also - surely you could ask questions? South’s may not present the information but you can’t lie either otherwise they would find themselves in hot water

Don’t they do a lot of base lining of performance in preseason so could of asked for his last preseason performance figures etc

I think wigan fans give the wigan management far too much grace by comparing their knowledge to someone’s who job it is to know these things and find out

If you were buying a car you might not know how to do certain checks to see if had been a write off or the history - but you would damn sure expect that the dealer should know those things
Dealers never lie to sell cars with issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wes

Post by Wes »

morley pie eater wrote:Just heard John Kear giving big raps to Mike Rush as being the one behind the set-up/recruitment etc at Saints.

Saints fans where nailing rush to the cross during the period of mediocre coaches and Cunningham period! Go figure.

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wes wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:38 pm
morley pie eater wrote:Just heard John Kear giving big raps to Mike Rush as being the one behind the set-up/recruitment etc at Saints.

Saints fans where nailing rush to the cross during the period of mediocre coaches and Cunningham period! Go figure.

OK, but I'm not sure there such an obvious parallel. In Cunningham's time, Saints slump, fans blame anyone in range. So you're "go figure" presumably implies I'm just having a pop at KR because we're not performing well?

In fact, my comments were linked to the Burgess situation in particular, and, by extension, player retention and recruitment.

How would you guess we'd have fared this season if we had retained a selection of Sam T, Micky Mac, Tom Davies, Joe Burgess, or even Gil Dudson, Joel T, Dan Sarginson and so on? Or signed Sezer when Huddersfield did, or Coote, or Prior . . . ?

How much say did whipping boy Lam have in these decisions? Or even IL? And what parallel was there at Saints under Cunningham?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:24 am I wonder if there is anything in players contracts that mean they should call out any issues they have that would mean they cannot carry out the requirements of the role?
I think the entire scenario answers your question Nathan
Back by demand.