Season Tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Season Tickets

Post by Nezza Faz »

Basically they (IL & KR) have done precious little to inspire people to invest in what looks to be the least positive recruitment platform in the whole of Super League, apart probably Salford. That and the lack of any meaningful communication with their fans over a period of time, has led to a high level of disillusionment within the fan base, and there's only so much negativity one can take. This on the back of fans over the last 18 months donating their season tickets to the club yet we now see other teams making more significant signings than us, with a greater semblance of recruitment policies. And this on the back of having a billionaire on board, if ever a time for investment was needed, or another fallow season is on the cards and awaits.
And the least said about our marketing initiatives, we're bottom of the league there and grieves me to look at campaigns by the likes of Wire, Saints, Leeds and even Cas have picked up the baton better than us !
So bottom line, things have been left to go stale both on and off-field for a long time and this has led to where we are at right now.
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

I completed my keep in touch form on the website even got my £5 off the warriors shop email thanking me for completing the form. I’ve still not had an email or anything in the post about a season ticket. I donated mine in 2020 but didn’t buy one last year with way things were. I was 60/40 against buying a season ticket this year until I went to the fans forum. I left the fans forum thinking I’ll buy a season ticket and support the club. But again with the lack of communication and interaction from the club and the recruitment (I don’t think has been good enough this season especially so far) I’m back to thinking I’ll not bother buying one. The club need to try and sway fans like me to buy a season ticket.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Similar situation. I haven't completed a 'keep in touch' form, but I must admit I did expect to have some form of communication by now. I didn't renew for this season, but I did donate in 2020. Im hoping as I don't live in Wigan, something is en route. I've looked online and I think I can still claim my seat from 2020 though.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

5 tickets renewed.

No fuss.

Simple
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:20 pm 5 tickets renewed.

No fuss.

Simple
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

The club needs to inject some kind of positivity into this situation. The negativity is soul destroying at the moment and I cannot see much to look forward to.
The likelihood is that we may have to target 22/23 to see any rebalancing of the squad. We have been noting for years that there have been elements missing from our teams. I hope that Field and French come back and have a positive impact but we just look weaker in the halves. Our forwards are still going to be younger overall than the opposition and our middle forwards still lack size.
Overall I am still struggling to identify the plan. I do not think that we will weaker overall than this year but we will need some bodies back to be noticeably better. I hope that the new overseas players can step up and that we have one or two break outs in Havard and Piers Paul but sadly that will just put them on someone's radar.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

No fuss.

Simple
There in lies the problem

Whilst those pronounced as "happy clappers" or who have no budgetary constraint so can easily afford sums going out like you then great. The problem is you are an ever diminishing list and those "naysayers" and "unsure renewers" is growing for numerous reasons.. It is they that you should be worried about as without them the game faces a bleak future.

The club needs to persuade those who will not automatically renew or only want to go to the games that matter that a season ticket is worth as much to them as it does you. At the moment the club is a million miles from that and as an ex-season ticket holder for almost 40 years I too am one that will no longer throw money at the club I used to devote so much time to

I too went to every away game - all over the world at times. Reserves, academy too. Now absolutely no interest. Am I the only one? I doubt it the way the club is desperate for money - not from you - but those who question going or the impact it will have on their work and life balance now.

Thursday night rugby is a disgrace and an insult. We are not soccer with fans all over the country, diehards follow but the rest take the "easy" option of the television with fixtures played in-front of poor crowds with an even poorer atmosphere. Just doesn't scream "come and watch these live" do they?

I'm not saying the players are not as tough as their predecessors but the skill level is almost non-existent in comparison. Five drives and a mediocre kick followed by numerous attempts to feign injury or foul play with interference and gamesmanship is at a disgraceful level now. It is a turn off

Wigan are not the only club at a crossroads as far as income is concerned. I have seen Eamonn McManus has stated something about the position of the saints finances isn't great either. With SKY money lowering and fans staying away how long before we are a semi-professional sport once more? Still you have your season ticket and you happily see no problem with those who raise issues or concerns when they do post about them - glibbly disregard them as a "side issue" to you
Back by demand.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:17 pm

No fuss.

Simple

Whilst those pronounced as "happy clappers" or who have no budgetary constraint so can easily afford sums going out like you then great. The problem is you are an ever diminishing list and those "naysayers" and "unsure renewers" is growing for numerous reasons.. It is they that you should be worried about as without them the game faces a bleak future.

The club needs to persuade those who will not automatically renew or only want to go to the games that matter that a season ticket is worth as much to them as it does you. At the moment the club is a million miles from that and as an ex-season ticket holder for almost 40 years I too am one that will no longer throw money at the club I used to devote so much time to

I too went to every away game - all over the world at times. Reserves, academy too. Now absolutely no interest. Am I the only one? I doubt it the way the club is desperate for money - not from you - but those who question going or the impact it will have on their work and life balance now.

Thursday night rugby is a disgrace and an insult. We are not soccer with fans all over the country, diehards follow but the rest take the "easy" option of the television with fixtures played in-front of poor crowds with an even poorer atmosphere. Just doesn't scream "come and watch these live" do they?

I'm not saying the players are not as tough as their predecessors but the skill level is almost non-existent in comparison. Five drives and a mediocre kick followed by numerous attempts to feign injury or foul play with interference and gamesmanship is at a disgraceful level now. It is a turn off

Wigan are not the only club at a crossroads as far as income is concerned. I have seen Eamonn McManus has stated something about the position of the saints finances isn't great either. With SKY money lowering and fans staying away how long before we are a semi-professional sport once more? Still you have your season ticket and you happily see no problem with those who raise issues or concerns when they do post about them - glibbly disregard them as a "side issue" to you
What would you like us happy clapper to do bm?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

It's an interesting point of view raised by buttmonkey2.

I'd say it's impossible to speculate on who can and cannot afford fees who post on this site though!

I agree the club do need to target fans, but not necessarily those who don't auto renew, it has to be across the board.

I'm not a fan of Thursday night games, I'm presuming it's enforced by SkySports, I don't think it works at any ground or game on a Thursday!

Summed up, I think communication this season has been poor. I had a 2020 season ticket, but didn't renew for 2021. I wonder if the communication from the club to 2021 season ticket holders has been proactive? Without being cynical, the communication after donating your 2020 ST was good, I would have thought the club might have had a similar approach for the anniversary season. I live outside Wigan so I might not have received what locals have in the post etc.

For me (most importantly), the club seems to have honoured its promise of being able to claim your 2020 seat back in 2022.

I guess with ST's for the upcoming season, your either in or out and it's as simple as that! (Regardless of marketing and contact etc). I think the fees are reasonable, especially if you can strike early. I also think around Covid, 2022 (using the Premier League as a sounding board), will be a more stable season and a feeling of returning to normality (hopefully).
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:17 pm

No fuss.

Simple

Sorry BM can see that more should be done to promote sales is true and promote game better but that's a major fault in RL in general poor
running. automatic renewal is only a part of it your right they shoul do more.But to say we are happy clappers is way off the mark I am not a happy Clapper and disagree with loads that's going on at Wigan and after nearly 60 years watching Wigan I do it for one reason only I am going to renew our tickets Whatever happens so why not make a great save on money to spend on other things. That's not happy clapping that's being thrifty. Born a wigganer die a wigganer