Season Tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Season Tickets

Post by Caboosegg »

There is issues yes and I imagine the vast majority of the "Happy Clappers" are aware of them but there is also aassive issue with the constant negativity of a portion of the fan base no matter what wigan do or achieve.

The most recent example of dammed of you do dammed if you don't is Bateman and Williams.

Club brings Bateman back but because he has a poor season it's moaned about always bringing back old players

Club fails to secure Williams it is slagged off for letting that happen and suddenly a conspiracy appears that the offer was fake and the club where not in for him.

Fans complain about props the club over a few seasons have tried to rectify that but are slagged off that it doesn't work and the players end up duds. It's never the player always the Clubs fault.

I've seen the argument that Frank Paul the wrecking ball was so poor because we changed how he played with not evidence we had, it's easy to counter that why didn't we do the same with Hamlin who.

A portion of the fan base is vocally discontent and make sure everyone knows (just look how quiet the forum is after a win compared to a loss) and its no wonder anyone reading the forums on the fence chooses not to invest.

As a final note anyone complaining about the atmosphere at the DW needs to realise they can fix that, I sit in the east stand and apart from one of two people (one in particular who fires a party popper each game) you hear very little cheering or chanting even before Lam.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

We are in east stand and all around us always join in in singing don't single out a stand it's been like a graveyard all over stadium after about 10 minutes of game all last season in fact go as far to say sections of east stand have been most vocal at some games get out of your happy bubble and smell the roses
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:50 am We are in east stand and all around us always join in in singing don't single out a stand it's been like a graveyard all over stadium after about 10 minutes of game all last season in fact go as far to say sections of east stand have been most vocal at some games get out of your happy bubble and smell the roses
I sit in the east stand and have done since 2010 and I'm sorry for large portions of the game the only thing you can hear is people moaning.

Yes they do join in the chants but only when it's started by south stand.

And the graveyard vibe has been there a few years now not just last year.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Renewed online today, straightforward, good price, marching on for the treble now! 🏆🏆🏆
keptinthedarkfans

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:47 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:50 am We are in east stand and all around us always join in in singing don't single out a stand it's been like a graveyard all over stadium after about 10 minutes of game all last season in fact go as far to say sections of east stand have been most vocal at some games get out of your happy bubble and smell the roses
I sit in the east stand and have done since 2010 and I'm sorry for large portions of the game the only thing you can hear is people moaning.

Yes they do join in the chants but only when it's started by south stand.

And the graveyard vibe has been there a few years now not just last year.
I agree but last year was worst I too have had 5 seats in east stand since moving into it and try as hard as you want it's nearly impossible to create a atmosphere many have tried even south stand seam to have given up when things start to go wrong atmosphere completely changes and no getting behind team any more. As for moaners they are everywhere on ground and to be fair we have all done it and at times feel sometimes it's justified after all they are paying there wages On a good note I will be behind them 100% and promise to shout my lungs out.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It’s not up to anyone bar me,myself and I to tell me how to enjoy watching the match,you can with respect shove any directions on how to enjoy the game so far up your fundament the sun won’t see it for a fortnight.

Now that’s off my chest I’d say this the Dw only really comes alive when it’s got 15/16k at least in there it becomes infectious and is a fine place to watch a game from but last season in particular there was barely anyone there and the shocking standard of play I’m surprised the stewards didn’t have a late night waking everyone up once it was over,you can only react to what you’re watching,I’ll spring up like a coiled hose pipe when a break is made I can’t really recall that happening last year that my wife took to her phone mid game on more than one occasion shows how dreadful it was,shame on all concerned serving that “entertainment” up it was shameful.

Moaning again you can only react to what is happening on the pitch,they get what they deserve frankly I am not a moron who will happily accept sub standard performances,but once that final whistle goes they get full applause from me I stay till the end,always have always will it may have been crap or utter brilliance doesn’t matter they deserve a round of applause.

The DW isn’t a great ground I much prefer away games much more fun and just more relaxed and that’s something I really don’t understand I miss the away games and hope to take a few in next season.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:47 am
I've seen the argument that Frank Paul the wrecking ball was so poor because we changed how he played with not evidence we had, it's easy to counter that why didn't we do the same with Hamlin who.
The evidence what what you saw on the pitch. It was obvious Wane's tactic was for the forwards to get a quick play the ball by going to ground in contact and not driving and the latter is what FPN had a reputation for. Ironically given you mention Hamlin when he did the opposite and drove the ball in, Wane criticised him for doing so. Hamlin had got the crowd up an Wane gave an interview criticising the player for doing it. Hamlin (and Wanes' reaction) doesn't counter those were Wane's tactics. He proves it.
keptinthedarkfans

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:50 pm It’s not up to anyone bar me,myself and I to tell me how to enjoy watching the match,you can with respect shove any directions on how to enjoy the game so far up your fundament the sun won’t see it for a fortnight.

Now that’s off my chest I’d say this the Dw only really comes alive when it’s got 15/16k at least in there it becomes infectious and is a fine place to watch a game from but last season in particular there was barely anyone there and the shocking standard of play I’m surprised the stewards didn’t have a late night waking everyone up once it was over,you can only react to what you’re watching,I’ll spring up like a coiled hose pipe when a break is made I can’t really recall that happening last year that my wife took to her phone mid game on more than one occasion shows how dreadful it was,shame on all concerned serving that “entertainment” up it was shameful.

Moaning again you can only react to what is happening on the pitch,they get what they deserve frankly I am not a moron who will happily accept sub standard performances,but once that final whistle goes they get full applause from me I stay till the end,always have always will it may have been crap or utter brilliance doesn’t matter they deserve a round of applause.

The DW isn’t a great ground I much prefer away games much more fun and just more relaxed and that’s something I really don’t understand I miss the away games and hope to take a few in next season.
I was going to say same love atmosphere at away games everyone together behind team strangely Whatever was served up is excepted
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

buttmonkey you know nothing about me.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ancientnloyal wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:46 pm buttmonkey you know nothing about me.
Hope you have a massive intake with the Heritage Society that you have set up ..