Season Tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Season Tickets

Post by No straw damn us »

To be fair to the club, when the Latics takeover happened they "migrated" to a new ticket system and a lot of information was lost or not updated.

Wigan did ask on their official web site to stay in touch.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/09/ ... -in-touch/

Also I believe quite a few of the media staff were let go or furloughed during the pandemic and recruitment in that field is under way.
jobo

Post by jobo »

DaveO wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:03 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:47 am
I've seen the argument that Frank Paul the wrecking ball was so poor because we changed how he played with not evidence we had, it's easy to counter that why didn't we do the same with Hamlin who.
The evidence what what you saw on the pitch. It was obvious Wane's tactic was for the forwards to get a quick play the ball by going to ground in contact and not driving and the latter is what FPN had a reputation for. Ironically given you mention Hamlin when he did the opposite and drove the ball in, Wane criticised him for doing so. Hamlin had got the crowd up an Wane gave an interview criticising the player for doing it. Hamlin (and Wanes' reaction) doesn't counter those were Wane's tactics. He proves it.
It's basic rugby league, not just Wanes tactics.

In attack, you want a quick play the ball, in defence, you want a slow play the ball.

Might not be very entertaining in most SL games but done properly, as in the NRL, it does open play up.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jobo wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:45 am
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:47 am
I've seen the argument that Frank Paul the wrecking ball was so poor because we changed how he played with not evidence we had, it's easy to counter that why didn't we do the same with Hamlin who.
The evidence what what you saw on the pitch. It was obvious Wane's tactic was for the forwards to get a quick play the ball by going to ground in contact and not driving and the latter is what FPN had a reputation for. Ironically given you mention Hamlin when he did the opposite and drove the ball in, Wane criticised him for doing so. Hamlin had got the crowd up an Wane gave an interview criticising the player for doing it. Hamlin (and Wanes' reaction) doesn't counter those were Wane's tactics. He proves it.

In attack, you want a quick play the ball, in defence, you want a slow play the ball.

Might not be very entertaining in most SL games but done properly, as in the NRL, it does open play up.
It's not how every carry by a prop ends either i.e. dropping at first contact. Players like Walmsley make yards after contact. That's not the point though. Wigan brought in a player who's attribute was supposed to be driving it in and used him differently and Cabooseg is arguing that wasn't the case when it obviously was.
jobo

Post by jobo »

DaveO wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:55 am

It's not how every carry by a prop ends either i.e. dropping at first contact. Players like Walmsley make yards after contact. That's not the point though. Wigan brought in a player who's attribute was supposed to be driving it in and used him differently and Cabooseg is arguing that wasn't the case when it obviously was.
Walmsley is not only a big, fast, hard runner, he's got brains as well. Don't think FPN came anywhere near him on any of these attributes. If he did have them, I'm pretty sure Wane would have used him differently.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

As a question do we have any evidence that it was obviously the case and not FNP failing to adapt to SL?

Wane saying he likes players to hit the ground to allow a fast play of the ball isn't the same as saying don't try and bust tackles.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I used to sit next to my great nephew, I started taking him to games when he was 6, he’s now 29, but moved my seat at the end of 2020 for the 2021 season lower down because I struggle with the steps now. We had sat in the same seats since the move to the DW.

I became a great, great aunt in the November when I moved my seat. 😊

So when the new season tickets renewal for 2021 went on sale my nephew phoned to reserve my old seat for his daughter. He was told they couldn’t reserve it because of Covid & having to just allocate seats until the rules about seating changed, but she was given a client code.

They only managed to sit in their own seats when the rules about social distancing were lifted later in the season.

He went online to renew the three seats in the Boston Stand for the 2022 season, two worked but his daughters client code didn’t. He thought it was just an error. But when he rang the ticket office the seat reserved for his daughter had been sold when they went on general sale last week!

So now we are waiting to see what happens when the ticket office get in touch with the person to tell them the seat has been sold to them in error!

Someone said that Warriors season ticket details were lost when the new ticketing system was brought in. I was one of those whose client code, which I’d had from the year dot, ended up with a Latics client code & had to have a new code generated! I was even getting marketing emails from Latics!

What a shambles it has been since they went into administration! Ticket office staff were having to work off spreadsheets at the time & weren’t allowed access to the computers which held everyone’s details!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:02 pm

As a question do we have any evidence that it was obviously the case and not FNP failing to adapt to SL?

Wane saying he likes players to hit the ground to allow a fast play of the ball isn't the same as saying don't try and bust tackles.
It is when when it comes form the horses mouth i.e. when Wane criticised Hamlin publicly for doing it. As to FPN not adapting why do you expect players to adapt and be successful? Wigan have had a bit of a habit over the years of signing players and expecting them to change their game or play in different positions and it failing.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

DaveO wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:32 pm

It is when when it comes form the horses mouth i.e. when Wane criticised Hamlin publicly for doing it. As to FPN not adapting why do you expect players to adapt and be successful? Wigan have had a bit of a habit over the years of signing players and expecting them to change their game or play in different positions and it failing.
Did he say not to bust tackles or not to get into a wrestle in the tackle which are entirely different, I dont know what the quote is but suspect he meant the latter as it gives time for defensive lines to get back and set up
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:11 pm I used to sit next to my great nephew, I started taking him to games when he was 6, he’s now 29, but moved my seat at the end of 2020 for the 2021 season lower down because I struggle with the steps now. We had sat in the same seats since the move to the DW.

I became a great, great aunt in the November when I moved my seat. 😊

So when the new season tickets renewal for 2021 went on sale my nephew phoned to reserve my old seat for his daughter. He was told they couldn’t reserve it because of Covid & having to just allocate seats until the rules about seating changed, but she was given a client code.

They only managed to sit in their own seats when the rules about social distancing were lifted later in the season.

He went online to renew the three seats in the Boston Stand for the 2022 season, two worked but his daughters client code didn’t. He thought it was just an error. But when he rang the ticket office the seat reserved for his daughter had been sold when they went on general sale last week!

So now we are waiting to see what happens when the ticket office get in touch with the person to tell them the seat has been sold to them in error!

Someone said that Warriors season ticket details were lost when the new ticketing system was brought in. I was one of those whose client code, which I’d had from the year dot, ended up with a Latics client code & had to have a new code generated! I was even getting marketing emails from Latics!

What a shambles it has been since they went into administration! Ticket office staff were having to work off spreadsheets at the time & weren’t allowed access to the computers which held everyone’s details!!
Sorted 😊 Well done ticket office 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

WarriorWinger wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:28 pm
DaveO wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:32 pm

Did he say not to bust tackles or not to get into a wrestle in the tackle which are entirely different, I dont know what the quote is but suspect he meant the latter as it gives time for defensive lines to get back and set up
not to burst tackles