2022 Kit

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrAlex

Re: 2022 Kit

Post by MrAlex »

Arsenal's approach this season was to have their current crest on the home shirt and the 70's cannon on the away shirt.

I think the club will use the new badge on both home and away shirts then the now usual third kit will be an anniversary kit with the old crest on.

Range of retro shirts would a good addition to the shop too.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

MrAlex wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:38 pm Arsenal's approach this season was to have their current crest on the home shirt and the 70's cannon on the away shirt.

I think the club will use the new badge on both home and away shirts then the now usual third kit will be an anniversary kit with the old crest on.

Range of retro shirts would a good addition to the shop too.
I too think the club will take a similar approach, certainly can't see the the club disregarding the current crest. I think we all have high hopes for next season kits.

Quite partial to a retro shirt myself. I remember buying the 89 challenge cup retro shirt and thought it was really smart and good quality. The club released a version of the 92 away and 94 home shirts, wasn't too impressed with the quality of them. Wouldn't mind buying the 98/99 home shirt as a retro classic if the club made any.
Wes

Post by Wes »

DaveO wrote:WTF has McDonalds got to do with it?

Who "supports" McDonalads? You might like their rubber burgers but I doubt anyone gives two hoots what their logo is.

Even so I bet when they changed those logos they weren't stupid enough to do it just before some milestone of their existence

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Can honestly say I stopped reading your posts long ago, [emoji931][emoji773] always jumping down on peoples post’s and Dave knows best attitude.

The point is if the club feel like changing the logo to stay relevant or to stop waning numbers or to try and gather new support they can and they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wes wrote:

Who "supports" McDonalads? You might like their rubber burgers but I doubt anyone gives two hoots what their logo is.

Even so I bet when they changed those logos they weren't stupid enough to do it just before some milestone of their existence

Can honestly say I stopped reading your posts long ago, [emoji931][emoji773] always jumping down on peoples post’s and Dave knows best attitude.

The point is if the club feel like changing the logo to stay relevant or to stop waning numbers or to try and gather new support they can and they did.

Well you obviously didn’t stop reading my posts long ago, not that I care anyway but whether you like it or not the club has pissed off a lot of fans over the badge. My suggesting it might have been an good idea not to do that the season before a 150 year anniversary is not preaching it’s just making a comment that might have been the common sense and really blindingly obvious thing to do. There is no way it was crucial or absolutely necessary this was done when it was.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The club badge should return for the actual 150th anniversary in 2029. As we were formed in 1879
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:34 am
Wes wrote:

Well you obviously didn’t stop reading my posts long ago, not that I care anyway but whether you like it or not the club has pissed off a lot of fans over the badge. My suggesting it might have been an good idea not to do that the season before a 150 year anniversary is not preaching it’s just making a comment that might have been the common sense and really blindingly obvious thing to do. There is no way it was crucial or absolutely necessary this was done when it was.
We just read the first sentence Dave.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wes

Post by Wes »

Mike wrote:
DaveO wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:34 am
Wes wrote: Can honestly say I stopped reading your posts long ago, [emoji931][emoji773] always jumping down on peoples post’s and Dave knows best attitude.

We just read the first sentence Dave.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] absolutely Mike.

jobo

Post by jobo »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:06 pm The club badge should return for the actual 150th anniversary in 2029. As we were formed in 1879
Wigan celebrated their centenary in 1972, which was a good job as we were relegated 1979/80 ☹
pedro

Post by pedro »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:06 pm The club badge should return for the actual 150th anniversary in 2029. As we were formed in 1879
the club was reformed in 1879 after disbanding during the 1877/78 season
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Retro Elgren shirts now in the online store in the men's section. Seems somebody's listening to us!