2022 Kit

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: 2022 Kit

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:49 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:22 pm Has a new sponsor being announced yet? I highly doubt Iqoniq will be on the shirt next season. Loch Lomond Whiskies is more likely.
What a waste of space iqoniq turned out to be
Have they gone tits up?
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

medlocke wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:41 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:22 pm Has a new sponsor being announced yet? I highly doubt Iqoniq will be on the shirt next season. Loch Lomond Whiskies is more likely.
Have they gone tits up?
Don't know that but the share price in NY is down 96% in a year.
Must be more worrying for big Premiership football clubs than us.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:10 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:41 pm

Have they gone tits up?
Don't know that but the share price in NY is down 96% in a year.
Must be more worrying for big Premiership football clubs than us.
I believe they have!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Block chain hype. Someone probably made a bunch of money and lives in a tax haven.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Iqoniq didn't even have their app finished at the end of the season. Still can't download it from the App Store.

Why we would sign a contract with a sponsor that has no product is yet another howler from King Kris. We're not alone though... at least half of Super League teams fell for their charms. Don't think Loch Lomond / alcohol brands are allowed.

I be surprised if the shirt would be anything other than the traditional hoops for the anniversary. Mind you, the club seem to think they know what the supporters want. :D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

MrAlex wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:17 pm Iqoniq didn't even have their app finished at the end of the season. Still can't download it from the App Store.

Why we would sign a contract with a sponsor that has no product is yet another howler from King Kris. We're not alone though... at least half of Super League teams fell for their charms. Don't think Loch Lomond / alcohol brands are allowed.

I be surprised if the shirt would be anything other than the traditional hoops for the anniversary. Mind you, the club seem to think they know what the supporters want. :D
Its not about the product, its about the money. If they paid then I have no issue with the fact they have no app. Who cares.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I thought the Hummel 2020 home shirt was a smart design and this seasons home shirt was striking (although very different).

Surprising about Iqoniq, seemed to have sponsorship with 90% of SL clubs this season (which I thought was a little bizzare).

As for 2022 kits, surely tradition has to be the focus. Taking a modern approach and looking at recent kits produced, if Hummel designed something similar to the Errea 2016 collection (all 4), i think it will turn out fine.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:35 am
As for 2022 kits, surely tradition has to be the focus.
You'd think so wouldn't you?

Given the training kit I expect tradition won't extend to the traditional coat of arms badge. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if it did but I suspects Rads to too wedded to the whole rebranding thing to revert.

I don't often buy a team shirt but as it's the 150th anniversary I'd quite like to buy one but then the Costa Coffee badge would put me off.

I wonder which idiot decided to change the badge just before the 150th anniversary? Had they kept the old badge a bit longer they could have used it on the anniversary shirt and then if they really wanted a rebranding exercise started with that the season after the 150th anniversary. It even makes sense marketing wise as it could be branded a new era starting after 150 years etc. By changing the badge just before the 150th anniversary season they risk putting people off if it's stuck on a supposedly traditional shirt. Hard to market tradition if it's not traditional. Lets hope the coat of arms makes a return for next season but I have my doubts it will.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:06 pm

Given the training kit I expect tradition won't extend to the traditional coat of arms badge. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if it did but I suspects Rads to too wedded to the whole rebranding thing to revert.

I don't often buy a team shirt but as it's the 150th anniversary I'd quite like to buy one but then the Costa Coffee badge would put me off.

I wonder which idiot decided to change the badge just before the 150th anniversary? Had they kept the old badge a bit longer they could have used it on the anniversary shirt and then if they really wanted a rebranding exercise started with that the season after the 150th anniversary. It even makes sense marketing wise as it could be branded a new era starting after 150 years etc. By changing the badge just before the 150th anniversary season they risk putting people off if it's stuck on a supposedly traditional shirt. Hard to market tradition if it's not traditional. Lets hope the coat of arms makes a return for next season but I have my doubts it will.
Good post Dave 😊 I don’t think the new badge would have looked as bad as it does if it was Cherry, white or even black! But the colour that it is, is, as you say, Costa Coffee colours 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:06 pm

I'm still not bothered by the change of logo. Looks nice and clean to me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐