Car parking

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Car parking

Post by jaws1 »

Tickets on sale on website £40 it stipulates season games only on Latics website they are £50 but no mention of just season games only .Would like to compare if they have to pay when if they were in a play off situation at end of season.
Wigan rugby 13 games @£40 =£3 per game
Wigan Athletic 23 games @£50=£2.50 per game
DaveO

Re: Car parking

Post by DaveO »

Just ordered mine and thanks for the heads up.

The fact the playoff games aren’t included is a ripoff. It’s likely to be what, two games at most?

That and the fact the cup games are not included will do nothing to encourage people to attend these games. Just more added expense to the match day tickets.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:17 pm Just ordered mine and thanks for the heads up.

The fact the playoff games aren’t included is a ripoff. It’s likely to be what, two games at most?

That and the fact the cup games are not included will do nothing to encourage people to attend these games. Just more added expense to the match day tickets.
It’s the football club that did it last season a couple of hours before KO of the playoff game & they have instilled it into future car parking tariffs! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:17 pm Just ordered mine and thanks for the heads up.

It’s the football club that did it last season a couple of hours before KO of the playoff game & they have instilled it into future car parking tariffs! [emoji2955]
I am sure it’s down to them but Wigan RL could have maybe suggested £45 with the playoffs and cup games included which is probably at maximum four fixtures.

I nearly missed the kick off given the chaos that last minute decision caused.

Still at least now I know I can revert to what I used to do years ago which was park elsewhere in Wigan and take a walk to the ground. I think I’d sooner do that that for the odd cup or playoff game rather than line the pockets of the arseholes running the football club charging £5 a time.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:59 pm
josie andrews wrote:

It’s the football club that did it last season a couple of hours before KO of the playoff game & they have instilled it into future car parking tariffs! [emoji2955]
I am sure it’s down to them but Wigan RL could have maybe suggested £45 with the playoffs and cup games included which is probably at maximum four fixtures.

I nearly missed the kick off given the chaos that last minute decision caused.

Still at least now I know I can revert to what I used to do years ago which was park elsewhere in Wigan and take a walk to the ground. I think I’d sooner do that that for the odd cup or playoff game rather than line the pockets of the arseholes running the football club charging £5 a time.
Yup I'm of the same view sod the moron owners of the DW the sheer childishness of that last game made our minds up,no pies either or Beveridge to be bought in there either
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

That's the answer. Get there a bit earlier, park elsewhere, don't buy anything inside the ground. Go to the Arena or even the Red Robin for a beer/coffee.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Get the train from a park and ride or something.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐