Pre season training

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Pre season training

Post by josie andrews »

Don’t know if or when it’s due to start but saw Jake Bibby & Joe Shorrocks training this morning!

Well done lads 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
HDS

Re: Pre season training

Post by HDS »

Good to hear, was they out running?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I saw Ollie P out running last week.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

HDS wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:04 pm Good to hear, was they out running?
They’d just come in from running & were going to the gym 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
HDS

Post by HDS »

Even better, I would hope that all fit players are preparing for the coming season!!!!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I would normally be saying "get 'em up and down the Plantations", but fitness wasn't our issue last season.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:44 pm I would normally be saying "get 'em up and down the Plantations", but fitness wasn't our issue last season.
They will more than likely do that & Ainsdale dunes early in the new year when it’s freezing 🥶
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The beaches around Liverpool Bay aren't too cold in Jan or Feb due to mostly westerly winds.
It's when there's an easterly wind that's the coldest and thankfully we don't get too many of those.
The problem with walking or running on dunes isn't the cold but the soft sand when your feet sink down. Pretty tiring is that!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:50 pm The beaches around Liverpool Bay aren't too cold in Jan or Feb due to mostly westerly winds.
It's when there's an easterly wind that's the coldest and thankfully we don't get too many of those.
The problem with walking or running on dunes isn't the cold but the soft sand when your feet sink down. Pretty tiring is that!
I used to follow my Dalmatian up the dunes on Balmedie Beach in Aberdeenshire, they were about 30-40 feet high, he’d gone round the lot of them whilst I was still going up the first one.
Then along came Donald Trump & ruined the most beautiful beach, landscape & wildlife sanctuary to build a fecking golf course! 😠