Out of contract - 2023

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Out of contract - 2023

Post by pedro »

his last contract was in 2018 when he was 21, there is no way he would have signed a contract pre international for more than Faz was on at that age
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

pedro wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:14 pm his last contract was in 2018 when he was 21, there is no way he would have signed a contract pre international for more than Faz was on at that age
Breaking News: Contracts can include wage rises and clauses based on previous years performance.

Gildart was on a lot of money, Marquee level if he was at certain other clubs.

End of story
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:43 pm
pedro wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:14 pm his last contract was in 2018 when he was 21, there is no way he would have signed a contract pre international for more than Faz was on at that age
Breaking News: Contracts can include wage rises and clauses based on previous years performance.

End of story
yeah ok, you realise we spend the same as most other clubs :lol:
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

pedro wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:07 pm

End of story
Yep, "Most other clubs" you are correct. but, if you read what I said I said "certain other clubs" now as "most clubs" is not the same as "all clubs" I am right in what I'm saying also. so you've just argued for the sake of arguing there :lol: :lol: :lol:
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:05 am

End of story
Yep, "Most other clubs" you are correct. but, if you read what I said I said "certain other clubs" now as "most clubs" is not the same as "all clubs" I am right in what I'm saying also. so you've just argued for the sake of arguing there :lol: :lol: :lol:

all players would be if you want to be picky.....so like I said I cant believe hes on twice as much as Thornley as if he was hed of been on similar money to George when he was here
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

pedro wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:16 am

all players would be if you want to be picky.....so like I said I cant believe hes on twice as much as Thornley as if he was hed of been on similar money to George when he was here
I get what you're saying but honestly he was on a fortune, We haven't spent a penny of the cap space Hastings has left, all I know is the 4 new signings combined are on less than Gildart, Clark & Club were combined
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:43 am

I get what you're saying but honestly he was on a fortune, We haven't spent a penny of the cap space Hastings has left, all I know is the 4 new signings combined are on less than Gildart, Clark & Club were combined
I'd say it's doubtful that wigan will spend anymore this close season
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:37 pm

I fear you may be bang on there.

So fingers crossed French/Field/Hardaker stay....and we promote from the U19s well.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:43 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:37 pm

I fear you may be bang on there.

So fingers crossed French/Field/Hardaker stay....and we promote from the U19s well.
I think we'll bring more players in before next season.
IL said there was money ring fenced for a half. If that has been taken by Tommy then should a quality half become available and is marquee wise affordable the TL can retire.
The situation with Zac Hardaker is unclear. He doesn't want to be here next season so there's no point in keeping him. Rumour has it he's (his agent) been talking to other clubs. I'm sure that if the club allow him to leave then his salary will be available for a replacement. We also need a quality goal kicker. It didn't matter too much last season as we scored so few tries. Next time I think we'll be up there with the top clubs as far as tries and we need a goal kicker to boost the total points scored.

Next season is still months away and there is plenty time to see what available talent is out there.
That we'll sign a player or more seems to me to be the way the club will go.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:57 pm I covered this on a post a few months ago, Cant remember which one, but the plan for 2022 was to be competitive but not at a loss. Then go big in 2023. It had always been the plan since covid. Im convinced 2023 is when we will see Mr Danson involved in the Warriors.
Thanks, Dan, always good to get your insights. If the club could let us know when they intend to take the game seriously again, we can all put our feet up until then.
[/quote]

What else can the club do to take this season more seriously?

Other than Burgess marquee spot not being taken by a “marquee” signing there isn’t much left or the cap anyway…
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."