Jai Field fitness update as Wigan Warriors pre-season return date confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Jai Field fitness update as Wigan Warriors pre-season return date confirmed

Post by Dan2266 »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:20 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:15 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:13 pm

French returning shouldn't effect the search for a half as Field is not a fullback.

The only thing the club should look at to replace French is a long term fullback option as Zak is obviously going sooner rather than later.
We don't have a quota spot available, (as far as I'm aware) that's why French effects the half back search.
Surely this would be covered if Tommy retired which has been banded about.

Field/Smith/Tommy/new half seems a bit to much.

This isn't me doubting anything I'm staying out of that mudhole, just doesn't make logical sense to me to carry 4 halves.
I agree pal, it doesn't make sense, but what does with Wigan at the moment? I've heard the rumours about Tommy but nothing more.

See MEN have done a piece today containing an interview with Peet where he confirms Thornley will be training on Monday. I still cant believe we haven't formally announced his signing.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:26 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:15 pm

We don't have a quota spot available, (as far as I'm aware) that's why French effects the half back search.

This isn't me doubting anything I'm staying out of that mudhole, just doesn't make logical sense to me to carry 4 halves.
I agree pal, it doesn't make sense, but what does with Wigan at the moment? I've heard the rumours about Tommy but nothing more.

See MEN have done a piece today containing an interview with Peet where he confirms Thornley will be training on Monday. I still cant believe we haven't formally announced his signing.
Staggering isn't it?

As for Tommy I just dont see why after saying he's going again he'd suddenly retire again,to me he's not that sort of bloke
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am pleased we have not announced Thornley’s signing. We are right to be so ashamed of the limits of our ambition that we can’t face admitting how low this once great club has sunk.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:40 pm

Staggering isn't it?

As for Tommy I just dont see why after saying he's going again he'd suddenly retire again,to me he's not that sort of bloke
if it did get to that point i can see an announcement that his hamstring hasnt recovered as planned and he has decided to hang up his boots (whether it was fully recovered or not)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

the pieman wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:12 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:40 pm

Staggering isn't it?

if it did get to that point i can see an announcement that his hamstring hasnt recovered as planned and he has decided to hang up his boots (whether it was fully recovered or not)
Yea true,hadn’t thought of it like that,but honestly I don’t see anything but Tommy going again we shall see though