All Stars game at Robin Park

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

All Stars game at Robin Park

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors and Robin Park Arena will host a Rugby League Legends charity match on Saturday as the newly formed British Amateur Rugby League Legends Association (BARLLA) come together for the first time to raise money for charity.

Formed from the original British Amateur Rugby League Association (BARLA) – an association for social and recreational Rugby League – the new Legends Association is made up of former Rugby League players from Lancashire, Yorkshire and Cumbria.

Saturday’s All Stars game will see a mix of former players coming together to raise funds for Life For A Kid Foundation – a touch centre charity based in Hull which aims to help children under the age of 16 by offering funds and equipment to help them lead a better life and to also help children who require life-saving or life changing operations.

This is the first charity game for BARLLA, with the hope to play a game every year for a different charity.

A mix of Rugby League legends will go head-to-head, including the likes of Adrian Morley, Paul Sculthorpe, Keith Senior, Gareth Ellis, Lee Radford, Ben Westwood and Danny Orr. Former players John Fieldhouse and Sean Richardson will be on the touchline as coaches.

Mike Hughes, committee member at BARLLA, said: “I’ve always had a hunger for helping under-privileged children. This event shows how strong the Rugby League community is and to be supported by Wigan Warriors is fantastic. I’m really looking forward to the day.”

Phil Johnson, also a committee member, added: “This is our first major get together and the launch of the Legends association. I’m really pleased we’ve got it all together and I can’t wait to see everyone here at Robin Park on Saturday. A huge thank you to Wigan Warriors for hosting us.”

The game will kick-off at 2pm this Saturday 13th November, with entry priced at £5 for Adults, £3 for Concessions, £2 for Kids aged 5-15 and free entry for Under-5s. All money raised on entry will be donated to the Life For A Kid Foundation. If you would like to donate direct to the charity, please click HERE. https://www.lifeforakid.com/

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/11/ ... obin-park/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan