Wigan Warriors set to scale back Jacob Miller interest and pursue other targets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Wigan Warriors set to scale back Jacob Miller interest and pursue other targets

Post by medlocke »

What's Ben Barba on with these days
fozzieskem

Re: Wigan Warriors set to scale back Jacob Miller interest and pursue other targets

Post by fozzieskem »

I get the feeling the coming season is going to be a bumpy ride
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:59 pm
Mike wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:14 pm What does he mean that we haven't been dilligent about the character of players we recruit in the past - which player/players specifically is he refering to that he had a grudge against?
Hazard a guess at Hankinson/Clark?
Why those two? I'd hope it was more aimed at players who have gone off the rails like Hock and Hardaker and in future the club won't take the risk. I definitely hope it doesn't mean just because a player has a reputation of having a bit of an ego he is not signed. Some of the best players fall into that category. We'd have never signed Mr hands in pocket Brett Kenny if that is what he means.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:10 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:59 pm
Mike wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:14 pm What does he mean that we haven't been dilligent about the character of players we recruit in the past - which player/players specifically is he refering to that he had a grudge against?
Hazard a guess at Hankinson/Clark?
Why those two? I'd hope it was more aimed at players who have gone off the rails like Hock and Hardaker and in future the club won't take the risk. I definitely hope it doesn't mean just because a player has a reputation of having a bit of an ego he is not signed. Some of the best players fall into that category. We'd have never signed Mr hands in pocket Brett Kenny if that is what he means.
Its a guess, both sent out to pasture and then moved on? A case for it being Hock and Hardaker can be made, especially if Zak moves on.