Wigan’s Bevan French still in Australia as he undergoes rehab

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan’s Bevan French still in Australia as he undergoes rehab

Post by josie andrews »

Bevan French is still in Australia continuing his rehab.

The livewire playmaker was ruled out for the rest of the 2021 Super League season in June after suffering a severe hamstring injury and returned home for his rehabilitation.

That being said, French exercised his option to add another year to his Wigan contract, meaning he will be returning before the start of the Super League season in early February.

French said at the time: “I’m obviously upset about my injury and the duration of it, but the silver lining is that it has allowed me to re-visit home during a very difficult time for me and my family.

I have specific goals I would like to achieve whilst at Wigan and I have yet to do those things which plays a role in my decision to take up my option.

The club staff and squad members have also been very understanding of my situation at home which makes me want to re-pay the club and its fans the following season.”

The 25-year-old signed for the Warriors midway through the 2019 Super League season and has since scored 26 tries in 34 appearances in a bid to stake a claim for that fullback spot in front of Zak Hardaker.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigans-b ... hab-45313/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Wigan’s Bevan French still in Australia as he undergoes rehab

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I have specific goals = get paid for doing nothing, enjoying the good life in Sydney, and fixing myself up with an NRL contract ASAP

Just great work if you can get it.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:09 pm I have specific goals = get paid for doing nothing, enjoying the good life in Sydney, and fixing myself up with an NRL contract ASAP

Unfortunately i think you are right….. time to let my favourite player go and replace, i reckon
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:09 pm I have specific goals = get paid for doing nothing, enjoying the good life in Sydney, and fixing myself up with an NRL contract ASAP

You haven't a clue what that lad has gone through and still going through besides a very serious injury. He has said he will be back for start of season and he will. He is like everyone else his family his is priority and needs to be there. The club know and are 100% behind him. Why not try doing same
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

I am not sure what to read into those comments HOWEVER the saga needs to be sorted one way or tother.

He has spent a very limited time in the UK for the past year but will have still been being paid, for me whatever his current condition he should be back in for pre season training on Monday with the rest of the squad. If this doent happen it sends out the wrong vibes to all parties.

He was injured on the 22nd of May so nearly six months, so i would expect him to be ready for training or in the final throws of his rehab. I wouldnt want to question anybodys professionalism but the comments from Peet earlier in the week dont fill me with any confidence.

This is a professional sport organisation and needs to be run as such.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I don't understand why everyone seems so sure he will sign for an NRL club. He had a good season the season before last but that's in the super league and he has spent nearly a full season injured.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

acwrlfc wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:32 pm I am not sure what to read into those comments HOWEVER the saga needs to be sorted one way or tother.

He has spent a very limited time in the UK for the past year but will have still been being paid, for me whatever his current condition he should be back in for pre season training on Monday with the rest of the squad. If this doent happen it sends out the wrong vibes to all parties.

He was injured on the 22nd of May so nearly six months, so i would expect him to be ready for training or in the final throws of his rehab. I wouldnt want to question anybodys professionalism but the comments from Peet earlier in the week dont fill me with any confidence.

This is a professional sport organisation and needs to be run as such.
The only Saga is the one inside forum users heads.

The club stated he had activated the extra year, they also said that due to lockdown in Aus he hasn't been able to do the rehab he wanted.

That has not changed.

Anything else is speculation based of no factual evidence.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

so do you think he should be back in for pre season training/rehab next week?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Bevan French has re-signed with the club and it appears in a mutual agreement he has been allowed to return prior to the start of the 2022 season. There has not been any mention of pre-season training and I'd imagine that's due to his injury and personal circumstances.

We just have to trust the club's judgement and French's good will in all of this. If he starts the season fully fit then a few games will get him match fit. As he's by far and away the most exciting player we have I'm ok with him doing what ever is felt necessary so he can return to Wigan and play at his most thrilling best.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

If he's not able to do a full pre-season, I hope he doesn't injure himself in his first couple of games back.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐