Wigan’s Bevan French still in Australia as he undergoes rehab

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan’s Bevan French still in Australia as he undergoes rehab

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:33 pm The article is recycling news. The quotes are what he said when he exercised the option so it doesn’t mean he still feels the same way but it there is also nothing to say he’s changed his mind.

It does seem odd he’s not back. Our new Aussie forwards have managed to get here and I’d have thought Wigan would want to manage his recovery and rehabilitation.

If the reason he’s not back is personal the club should say so. It’s a valid and not uncommon reason. Instead the news agenda is being set by articles like this one who are basically just stirring it.
If you were having to deal with what Bevan is dealing with then I don’t think that you would be so quick to criticise the lad. First and foremost, he is a human being who is putting his family first and that has to be the right thing to do. Secondly, he will definitely return to Wigan, he loves the club and he believes that he owes a big debt to all involved. Thirdly, don’t be surprised if he extends his contract.
Please point out where I “criticised the lad”? I didn’t. I made three points 1- the article is recycling old news, 2 - it’s odd he’s not here having his rehab managed by the club and 3 if the reason he’s not is personal , which I said was a valid reason, the club should say so to manage the news agenda.

Someone has pointed out the club did mention this was the case recently (last week I think ) so perhaps the news outlets that are publishing inaccurate stories like this one should be taken to task for idle speculation.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:09 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:33 pm The article is recycling news. The quotes are what he said when he exercised the option so it doesn’t mean he still feels the same way but it there is also nothing to say he’s changed his mind.

It does seem odd he’s not back. Our new Aussie forwards have managed to get here and I’d have thought Wigan would want to manage his recovery and rehabilitation.

If the reason he’s not back is personal the club should say so. It’s a valid and not uncommon reason. Instead the news agenda is being set by articles like this one who are basically just stirring it.
If you were having to deal with what Bevan is dealing with then I don’t think that you would be so quick to criticise the lad. First and foremost, he is a human being who is putting his family first and that has to be the right thing to do. Secondly, he will definitely return to Wigan, he loves the club and he believes that he owes a big debt to all involved. Thirdly, don’t be surprised if he extends his contract.
Please point out where I “criticised the lad”? I didn’t. I made three points 1- the article is recycling old news, 2 - it’s odd he’s not here having his rehab managed by the club and 3 if the reason he’s not is personal , which I said was a valid reason, the club should say so to manage the news agenda.

Someone has pointed out the club did mention this was the case recently (last week I think ) so perhaps the news outlets that are publishing inaccurate stories like this one should be taken to task for idle speculation.
That was my interpretation Dave, I apologise if I have misinterpreted your post. Bevan’s situation is one that none of us would like to face. Regarding the other two Aussies, one has not yet arrived.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:38 pm
DaveO wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:09 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote:

That was my interpretation Dave, I apologise if I have misinterpreted your post. Bevan’s situation is one that none of us would like to face. Regarding the other two Aussies, one has not yet arrived.
No problem. I hope things sort themselves out for him we see him back eventually. We missed him last year with everything going through Hastings and we don't want the same again with Cust. We need another attacking threat.