Cade Cust signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Cade Cust signs

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
DaveO wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:46 pm
Caboosegg wrote:While Isa is near the back end of his career I really hope it isn't him to leave, he leaves a Isa sized hole when he isn't playing and is extremely underrated.
He’s a squad player who every now and again has a very good game but I think last season showed his age is catching up with him. I don’t think he’d be missed because I don’t think he’s as good as he was.

It doesn’t make much sense to for it to be anyone but him or Tommy making way.

That said I am seeing some very cryptic comments appearing on facebook stating neither Field nor French are leaving and given we won’t be binning off new signings Ellis, Mago, Miski or Cust then it’s one of those two unless Wigan have pulled a fast one with Tommy. So I think Tommy and Isa are obvious candidates.
Squad player?

Apart from last season he’s barely missed a game in years..
He’s a back row forward who isn’t first choice in the position which seems to me to be a reasonable definition of a squad player.

Doesn’t matter anyway. If what I am reading about Field and French is correct and they aren’t going anywhere it’s between him and Tommy as the other overseas players aren’t going anywhere either.
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

Let’s all agree on something………………..none of us no for sure who is, or who is not on our overseas quota for the upcoming season. It all depends on what media we have seen.

Personally, I don’t think Tommy is counted but only time will tell.

The big rumour kicking around is Field will not be back but again only time will tell and it won’t be a loss as he never really played last season.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:03 pm
ancientnloyal wrote:He's from Scone - how will he be pronouncing that?
When he gets to Wigan P-I-E.
:lol: :lol:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:45 pm
From
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... 504703.amp

Do they know something we don't about Tommy?
I saw this The article was produced before TL resigned so he’d have made it 8.

Clark now gone so Cust takes us back to 8.

So I stand corrected we’re over quota.

Maybe Dan’s info is spot on, as per, and Field is on the way out…
I hope not, the lad deserves a chance.
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:52 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:30 pm
Wigan Warriors (7): Bevan French, Jai Field, Willie Isa, Kaide Ellis, Patrick Mago, Abbas Miski, Mitch Clark
From
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... 504703.amp

Do they know something we don't about Tommy?
Only that they’ve forgotten that Mitch Clark isn’t at the club now!
Yes but Tommy needs adding to that list.
Charriots Offiah

mjdodge13 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:48 pm Let’s all agree on something………………..none of us no for sure who is, or who is not on our overseas quota for the upcoming season. It all depends on what media we have seen.

Personally, I don’t think Tommy is counted but only time will tell.

The big rumour kicking around is Field will not be back but again only time will tell and it won’t be a loss as he never really played last season.
Tommy counts under the rules for 2021, unless you are saying he is federation trained?
Charriots Offiah

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:43 pm How would the RFL register Cust if he took us over the overseas quota?
They just would not do it.
So, either Tommy is retiring or another quota player is leaving and is already re-registered.
Because Wigan has not submitted their squad for 2022.
Charriots Offiah

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:57 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:43 pm How would the RFL register Cust if he took us over the overseas quota?
They just would not do it.
So, either Tommy is retiring or another quota player is leaving and is already re-registered.
They would refuse too, we need to offload a non fed player before the first game. French or Field, either or both is still possible
No they wouldn’t.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

At least we’ve signed a half for next season, be interesting how he goes.
I’m not fully convinced by Smith but to be fair on him you can’t go off last season as we were poor and I think Lam out too much responsibility on his shoulders.
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

At least we’ve signed a half for next season, be interesting how he goes.
I’m not fully convinced by Smith but to be fair on him you can’t go off last season as we were poor and I think Lam out too much responsibility on his shoulders.
And not forgetting it now transpires that as well as the additional responsibility he was given he played the vast majority of the season with a chronic shoulder injury which will have affected him.

Smith at 7 and Cust / Field at 6 is looking like the combo so let’s give it a chance.