Cade Cust signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Cade Cust signs

Post by Dan2266 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:31 am
Dan2266 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:57 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:43 pm How would the RFL register Cust if he took us over the overseas quota?
They just would not do it.
So, either Tommy is retiring or another quota player is leaving and is already re-registered.
They would refuse too, we need to offload a non fed player before the first game. French or Field, either or both is still possible
No they wouldn’t.
You cant have more than 7 registered, if we tried to register an 8th it wouldn't go through. We could sign 50 overseas players but could only register 7 to play. Signing a player is completely different to registering one
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:32 pm

They would refuse too, we need to offload a non fed player before the first game. French or Field, either or both is still possible
No they wouldn’t.
You cant have more than 7 registered, if we tried to register an 8th it wouldn't go through. We could sign 50 overseas players but could only register 7 to play. Signing a player is completely different to registering one
Don't know if thats right or not but wouldn't think you can do that sign players that at signing is not eligible to do what they are signing to do play for the team they have agreed to. Surely his quota spot would have to be guaranteed at signing and if spot is not available then the contract is seriously flawed.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

No they wouldn’t.
I know but Wigan has not submitted their squad yet. The same applied when they signed Miski, Mago and Ellis, it took the club over 7. It is therefore a red herring.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote:
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:31 am No they wouldn’t.
I know but Wigan has not submitted their squad yet. The same applied when they signed Miski, Mago and Ellis, it took the club over 7. It is therefore a red herring.
Eh? When they signed Miski, Mago and Ellis it was for next season. How many non fed players we had at the time they signed was irrelevant as what counts is how many we have next season.

What is confusing everyone is most people believe we have signed 8 non fed players for 2022.
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

Don't know if thats right or not but wouldn't think you can do that sign players that at signing is not eligible to do what they are signing to do play for the team they have agreed to. Surely his quota spot would have to be guaranteed at signing and if spot is not available then the contract is seriously flawed.

Can someone translate this into English please ??
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:24 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote:

Eh? When they signed Miski, Mago and Ellis it was for next season. How many non fed players we had at the time they signed was irrelevant as what counts is how many we have next season.

What is confusing everyone is most people believe we have signed 8 non fed players for 2022.
Exactly the same applies to Cust, that was my point!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Shevvylad wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:45 pm Don't know if thats right or not but wouldn't think you can do that sign players that at signing is not eligible to do what they are signing to do play for the team they have agreed to. Surely his quota spot would have to be guaranteed at signing and if spot is not available then the contract is seriously flawed.

I WILL SAY IT A BIT SLOWER. WIGAN HAVE SIGNED 8 PLAYERS FOR 2022 SEASON KNOWING THERE IS ONLY 7 SLOTS SO 1 HAS A DUD CONTRACT AND WIGAN HAVE KNOW THIS FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS BUT STILL GAVE TOMMY A NEW DEAL AND KNOWING HASTINGS NEEDED REPLACING.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:32 pm
Shevvylad wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:45 pm Don't know if thats right or not but wouldn't think you can do that sign players that at signing is not eligible to do what they are signing to do play for the team they have agreed to. Surely his quota spot would have to be guaranteed at signing and if spot is not available then the contract is seriously flawed.

I WILL SAY IT A BIT SLOWER. WIGAN HAVE SIGNED 8 PLAYERS FOR 2022 SEASON KNOWING THERE IS ONLY 7 SLOTS SO 1 HAS A DUD CONTRACT AND WIGAN HAVE KNOW THIS FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS BUT STILL GAVE TOMMY A NEW DEAL AND KNOWING HASTINGS NEEDED REPLACING.
You have your CAPS on!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jackson Hastings has his say on Wigan Warriors’ latest signing Cade Cust

This week it was announced that Wigan had acquired the services of Manly halfback Cade Cust ahead of 2022 as they look to fill the void left by the brilliant Jackson Hastings.

Hastings joined the Warriors in 2020 having claimed the Man of Steel at Salford in 2019 guiding the Red Devils to an unlikely Grand Final.

The Australian proved to be a smart signing by the Warriors and the perfect way to replace George Williams as he took on a new challenge down under with the Canberra Raiders.

In his first season with the Warriors he showed his excellence guiding Wigan to the Grand Final. Granted, he suffered a second consecutive Grand Final defeat at the hands of St Helens that night but the Warriors were within touching distance of the trophy thanks to another top notch performance from the halfback.

2021 wasn’t the season he’d have dreamed of however. Wigan struggled slipping to fourth having finished top in 2020 before suffering an 8-0 defeat to Leeds in the opening week of the play-offs ending their season and Hastings’ time in England leading to an emotional goodbye as he heads back to Australia to join the Wests Tigers alongside Wigan teammate Oliver Gildart.

Many wondered who Wigan would turn to as his replacement with Wakefield’s Jacob Miller rumoured to be a target of the Warriors at one stage but ultimately they settled for Cade Cust of Manly signing the versatile halfback on a two-year deal with an option for a third ahead of the 2022 campaign.

The 23-year-old has bags of experience for a young player and should bring vibrancy to the Wigan attack next year and should be a more than capable replacement for Hastings and it seems the man himself thinks so too.

The former Man of Steel took to Twitter to voice his opinion about Cust’s arrival: “Cade Cust is a good signing for Wigan. Tough competitor, can cover multiple positions. Good opportunity for him to have a great couple of years and come back with 50-80 first grade games under his belt. Good luck lad.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/jackson- ... ust-45441/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:13 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:46 pm
Caboosegg wrote:While Isa is near the back end of his career I really hope it isn't him to leave, he leaves a Isa sized hole when he isn't playing and is extremely underrated.
He’s a squad player who every now and again has a very good game but I think last season showed his age is catching up with him. I don’t think he’d be missed because I don’t think he’s as good as he was.

It doesn’t make much sense to for it to be anyone but him or Tommy making way.

That said I am seeing some very cryptic comments appearing on facebook stating neither Field nor French are leaving and given we won’t be binning off new signings Ellis, Mago, Miski or Cust then it’s one of those two unless Wigan have pulled a fast one with Tommy. So I think Tommy and Isa are obvious candidates.
Squad player?

Apart from last season he’s barely missed a game in years..to me that’s not a squad player
But you're not in DaveO-world, Foz. :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐