Cade Cust signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Superb Chops

Re: Cade Cust signs

Post by Superb Chops »

Lots of promising footage online. I like this one especially.
https://m.facebook.com/nrl/videos/cade- ... 107734978/
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

So I'm guessing we still have a marque slot available plus money
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:14 pm
Only that they’ve forgotten that Mitch Clark isn’t at the club now!
This article was dated 7th September before Tommy resigned and Clark was released so as of then it was right and we had 7.

Wigan Warriors (7): Bevan French, Jai Field, Willie Isa, Kaide Ellis, Patrick Mago, Abbas Miski, Mitch Clark

Take the list as of today:

Bevan French, Jai Field, Willie Isa, Kaide Ellis, Patrick Mago, Abbas Miski, Cade Cust and add Tommy and we’re now on 8

So we need to lose one.
For the club to announce Cust's signing he will have been registered at the RFL.
There's no chance the RFL would register him if it took us over the overseas quota.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote:
Wigan_ITK wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:14 pm
Only that they’ve forgotten that Mitch Clark isn’t at the club now!
This article was dated 7th September before Tommy resigned and Clark was released so as of then it was right and we had 7.

Wigan Warriors (7): Bevan French, Jai Field, Willie Isa, Kaide Ellis, Patrick Mago, Abbas Miski, Mitch Clark

Take the list as of today:

Bevan French, Jai Field, Willie Isa, Kaide Ellis, Patrick Mago, Abbas Miski, Cade Cust and add Tommy and we’re now on 8

So we need to lose one.
For the club to announce Cust's signing he will have been registered at the RFL.
There's no chance the RFL would register him if it took us over the overseas quota.
Well presumably we also registered all the other quota players who were all signed before him. So I can’t see how he’s been signed without one of the existing players being de-registered unless the consensus that Tommy counts on the quota is wrong.

If we had to lose someone I’d like it to be Tommy or Isa. Tommy just should not be going around again and I think we are covered in the back row sufficiently to let Isa go. He’s also approaching the end of his career.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

While Isa is near the back end of his career I really hope it isn't him to leave, he leaves a Isa sized hole when he isn't playing and is extremely underrated.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:08 pm While Isa is near the back end of his career I really hope it isn't him to leave, he leaves a Isa sized hole when he isn't playing and is extremely underrated.
I'd be amazed if they let Isa go
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:08 pm While Isa is near the back end of his career I really hope it isn't him to leave, he leaves a Isa sized hole when he isn't playing and is extremely underrated.
Totally agree.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... 305459.amp

So, I know this is an old link, but this refers that TL is exempt from a quota spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pedro

Post by pedro »

dont think its right, the rule would make him on the quota the others never played before being 20 so are exempt
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Isa will be a Wigan player (I feel ;) )
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame