Marque PlAyer

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Marque PlAyer

Post by medlocke »

With the signing of Cust I am guessing we will still have a slot open as Cust isn't Marque standard, also according to Lenners we had other moneys left over after for another, Is this true, could we still bring in a Marque Prop/Centre/Other??
Barney841

Re: Marque PlAyer

Post by Barney841 »

medlocke wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:22 pm With the signing of Cust I am guessing we will still have a slot open as Cust isn't Marque standard, also according to Lenners we had other moneys left over after for another, Is this true, could we still bring in a Marque Prop/Centre/Other??
Cant see us signing anyone else. Unless there waiting to see what happens with Zak?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:22 pm With the signing of Cust I am guessing we will still have a slot open as Cust isn't Marque standard, also according to Lenners we had other moneys left over after for another, Is this true, could we still bring in a Marque Prop/Centre/Other??
In order to use the marquee slot for a new player we would need to have £150k available on the cap unless it’s a homegrown marquee and it’s £75k.

The club will likely just make the next highest earner marquee / a homegrown player, whoever makes the most sense, to give us potential to make signings later in the year.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:With the signing of Cust I am guessing we will still have a slot open as Cust isn't Marque standard, also according to Lenners we had other moneys left over after for another, Is this true, could we still bring in a Marque Prop/Centre/Other??
According to the fans forum they had about £223k available if I recall correctly.

IL originally said it was £73k but Rads reminded him we had the £150k for a marquee player which was supposed to be a half back.

So if Cust’s salary is more than £73k we can’t sign a marquee player as there wouldn’t be enough cap space left to hit the £150k limit that would let the club pay anything above that as a marquee salary.

Despite that unless Cust is on silly money there should be enough for one more high quality signing but I doubt the club has any plans to recruit further despite the fact it needs at least one centre.

As was said above the club could make a club trained player marquee to get his wages above £75k off the cap but that assumes we have a club trained player worth more than £75k anyway. I don’t think we have but then I suspect we over-pay given we were so close to the cap last year with squad we had. I am guessing Bateman is a marquee already but isn’t but trained.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:24 pm
In order to use the marquee slot for a new player we would need to have £150k available on the cap unless it’s a homegrown marquee and it’s £75k.

The club will likely just make the next highest earner marquee / a homegrown player, whoever makes the most sense, to give us potential to make signings later in the year.
Was Clarkes ?? money calculated in the squad when KR gave his figures and would it be available.
We had £150k for a half back plus £73k left over .Was Hanks money in that as well both Hanks and Clarke have gone.Another point was Tommys money in the calculation ?