Peet

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Peet

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

100% behind him and just hope he has the skills to deliver a Wigan brand of rugby. Also with briers think he has right support. Onwards and upwards.
PJC

Post by PJC »

I have found the style of rugby , not just Wigan’s, disappointing. I was lucky enough to have seen Wigan’s attractive team of the late 80’s going into the 90s.
A step forward to more attractive rugby would be to see teams that have clear forward and back play. Not a team of 13 second row forwards
PJC

Post by PJC »

I also wish Peet all the best and have a completely open mind about him. Good luck
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

cherry toffee wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:37 am I always found Peets teams pretty entertaining when I watched the academy so here’s hoping he carries on in that style wish him all the best anyway
This is exactly what my wife said,I always thought Matty would get a shot at the head coach job at some point so why not now as you say the academy sides always played good rugby,mind the way some reacted to Peet getting the job you’d think they’d gone to Asda’s car park and got the lad collecting the trolleys as the new top man.

He deserves his chance and I’m more confidant he will bring success than I ever was under Lam.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Possible future England coach 🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I really hope so. Our recent choice of coaches - McGuire, Wane and Edwards - have all been sound. Lam was of course a stop gap, who not only found himself the main event, but had to navigate his way round COVID. 3 things that bother me with Peet is why we weren’t a better side with him as assistant, I have huge concerns that our squad is simply very weak - whether or not they “buy into the culture” - and whether there are sufficiently clear lines between him and Wane.

Good luck to him.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:06 pm I really hope so. Our recent choice of coaches - McGuire, Wane and Edwards - have all been sound. Lam was of course a stop gap, who not only found himself the main event, but had to navigate his way round COVID. 3 things that bother me with Peet is why we weren’t a better side with him as assistant, I have huge concerns that our squad is simply very weak - whether or not they “buy into the culture” - and whether there are sufficiently clear lines between him and Wane.

Good luck to him.
Peet and Wane are a team.
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:58 pm Possible future England coach 🤔
The plan is for Lockers to step-up, that will make you happy Josie :D
Charriots Offiah

There’s a big culture change coming at Wigan. Some players have left because they don’t subscribe to the new way of doing things, others will follow if they don’t comply. We will
see considerable improvements in a number of players, two of which I am predicting will be Byrne and Smithies.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:51 pm There’s a big culture change coming at Wigan. Some players have left because they don’t subscribe to the new way of doing things, others will follow if they don’t comply. We will
see considerable improvements in a number of players, two of which I am predicting will be Byrne and Smithies.
I really hope it involves making sure people want to play for Wigan and not just as a stepping stone to the NRL
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.