Wigan Warriors media people not the TV

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors media people not the TV

Post by josie andrews »

Do the people who provide news updates only work part time?

A big thing this morning is the agreement for Oz & NZ to play in the RL World Cup in 2022.

And, that the DW is being selected as a venue to hold a game/s due to Anfield being unavailable.

On the main website nothing & even looking on Twitter nothing!

Very confused 🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan to hold World Cup Qarter Final

Post by Charriots Offiah »

S/b quarter 😙
PJC

Re: Wigan Warriors media people not the TV

Post by PJC »

Wigan’s media coverage is disappointing. I have contacted the club to complain about RL coverage on Wigan Today if viewed online if compared to Latics. Sometimes there can be one item on RL and 8 or so about Latics.
I was told that there was no problem.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PJC wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:28 pm Wigan’s media coverage is disappointing. I have contacted the club to complain about RL coverage on Wigan Today if viewed online if compared to Latics. Sometimes there can be one item on RL and 8 or so about Latics.
I was told that there was no problem.
I’m talking about the clubs official website & social media platforms, which not everyone uses, & which of that I’m always telling the club about! But they don’t listen! A lot of people are missing out on news about Wigan Warriors & that includes young supporters too!

Pertaining to your comment on the Wigan Today RL news, Phil Wilkinson former sports editor has left & he was a huge RL fan & didn’t just focus on football.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’d hazard a guess that it’s down to fixtures not being announced till Friday maybe?
PJC

Post by PJC »

Point taken Josie. I don’t personally know him but understand he is an RL supporter. It just at times I could only see blue !
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

As the match being played at dw has no impact on us as we don't don't own the stadium or get anything out of it. I imagine there no need to put anything up.

I imagine the BBC will mention it as the home of the Wigan Athletic when it played.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

The reports I read said no confirmation from the World Cup organisers will come until Friday when the full schedule will be announced, so the club aren’t going to mention anything beforehand you’d imagine.

Our communication is borderline appalling but I’m not sure they’ve got this one wrong just yet. I’d give it until this time next week and they should then have been able to release something.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

It’s a disgrace.

The club could literally hire someone for £20k with a degree and get them to control social media.

Warrington have just launched NFTs, and we can’t even keep our social media up to
date.

Whilst IL admitted they needed to hire a marketing director, did our previous one leave or have we never had this position? Technology, social media, the way to interact with fans, advertise etc isn’t a new thing.

This club are so so out of touch it’s unbelievable.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."