Wigan Warriors overseas quota explained as Tommy Leuluai given exemption

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors overseas quota explained as Tommy Leuluai given exemption

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:25 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:47 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:25 am Well I never. :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, you never, you spent yesterday telling me its common sense that one needs to go because we have 8 and its breach of contract and all sorts " :lol: :lol: :lol: "
Yes because for months I have been saying Tommy was exempt only for you and others to tell me he wasn't I have even said on this thread that only way of not getting rid of one is if Tommy was exempt. Unlike you who has been trying to flog field to fit cuss in try squirm out of this all you want. I was following what you where telling us was 100%. My posts have said on many occasions I had done some homework and Tommy did not count on quota. You was adamant he was. End of
I said (I may be wrong) when commenting on the quota and it was Isa I named not Tommy as I do not fully understand it.

I said having 8 (signed) when we can only register 7 is not breaking any rules - which it isn't.

now its been cleared up we only have 7 so no one has to leave for quota reasons.

if we have/had 8 then one would leave obviously.

Field has been offered to clubs, its nothing to do with the quota. I'm not the one trying to do anything with him.

I posted the link to the article behind a paywall that mentioned Field - John Davisdon is the journalist, go have it out with him for "trying to flog field"

Field or French or Both may still leave, and that's the bottom line, none of it is to do with the quota.
fozzieskem
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Wigan Warriors overseas quota explained as Tommy Leuluai given exemption

Post by fozzieskem »

I wasn’t aware Dan,with respect to him,has any dealings with signing players so to say he’s trying to sell of Field is ludicrous frankly.
Dan2266
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors overseas quota explained as Tommy Leuluai given exemption

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:02 pm I wasn’t aware Dan,with respect to him,has any dealings with signing players so to say he’s trying to sell of Field is ludicrous frankly.
All I know is Field was offered to SL clubs, He was very close to a move until said club signed another half. Field is aware of the situation. Its a tough one, especially considering we still don't know Bevans plans.

I do find it ridiculous that we would offer Field out when potentially losing French as well.

But then on the back of that its not sporting reasons Wigan are open to getting rid of Field for.

The only thing I can think of is its a scare tactic, "Sort yourself out or you wont be here"
keptinthedarkfans
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors overseas quota explained as Tommy Leuluai given exemption

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:07 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:02 pm I wasn’t aware Dan,with respect to him,has any dealings with signing players so to say he’s trying to sell of Field is ludicrous frankly.
All I know is Field was offered to SL clubs, He was very close to a move until said club signed another half. Field is aware of the situation. Its a tough one, especially considering we still don't know Bevans plans.

I do find it ridiculous that we would offer Field out when potentially losing French as well.

But then on the back of that its not sporting reasons Wigan are open to getting rid of Field for.

The only thing I can think of is its a scare tactic, "Sort yourself out or you wont be here"
Your right Dan sorry. We read and interpret posts on here to fit what we believe as true. We are all entitled to a veiw and light banter but petty snide remarks only takes away from what really matters posters being able to post what they believe right. If I'm honest I am just glad that no one has to leave. And if you're right it will be players choice not through some signing cock up
Dan2266
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors overseas quota explained as Tommy Leuluai given exemption

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:26 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:07 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:02 pm I wasn’t aware Dan,with respect to him,has any dealings with signing players so to say he’s trying to sell of Field is ludicrous frankly.
All I know is Field was offered to SL clubs, He was very close to a move until said club signed another half. Field is aware of the situation. Its a tough one, especially considering we still don't know Bevans plans.

I do find it ridiculous that we would offer Field out when potentially losing French as well.

But then on the back of that its not sporting reasons Wigan are open to getting rid of Field for.

The only thing I can think of is its a scare tactic, "Sort yourself out or you wont be here"
Your right Dan sorry. We read and interpret posts on here to fit what we believe as true. We are all entitled to a veiw and light banter but petty snide remarks only takes away from what really matters posters being able to post what they believe right. If I'm honest I am just glad that no one has to leave. And if you're right it will be players choice not through some signing cock up
I hope neither leave if I'm being honest, we haven't seen much of Field, and Bevan is Bevan, on his day he is fantastic.

There's a few things going on at the moment and a lot of decisions that could go either way, both players in & out.

out of respect for the situations I'm not even going to name names or potential outcomes, I know for a fact that one other user of this site is doing the same from personal conversations. It will all come out.
fozzieskem
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Wigan Warriors overseas quota explained as Tommy Leuluai given exemption

Post by fozzieskem »

To me Field is pretty much an unknown and one who hasn’t had that blistering impact that French had,would it worth me if went I can’t honestly say because we as fans simply haven’t seen enough of him and what little we did see was poor frankly.
DaveO
Posts: 15131
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors overseas quota explained as Tommy Leuluai given exemption

Post by DaveO »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:25 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:47 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:25 am Well I never. :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, you never, you spent yesterday telling me its common sense that one needs to go because we have 8 and its breach of contract and all sorts " :lol: :lol: :lol: "
Yes because for months I have been saying Tommy was exempt only for you and others to tell me he wasn't I have even said on this thread that only way of not getting rid of one is if Tommy was exempt. Unlike you who has been trying to flog field to fit cuss in try squirm out of this all you want. I was following what you where telling us was 100%. My posts have said on many occasions I had done some homework and Tommy did not count on quota. You was adamant he was. End of
I think just about everyone commenting has said more than once that we would be over quota unless Tommy was exempt and as the article Josie posted clearly states, according to the way the rules are now he would not be if it were not for an exemption i.e. "Though the current version of the rulings would see him classed as a quota player, it was decided Leuluai would not be judged on the new rulings and therefore Wigan did not need to get rid of a quota player in order to accommodate the arrival of Cust."

I don't recall anyone saying he had a special exception to the new rules. The fact he has is new information. The old more complicated ways a player was except which Tommy benefited from previously went out of the window when they changed the rules. So the RFL have for some reason decided to make an exception to the new rules for Tommy. They have done Wigan a favour and let us (despite the new rules) have 8 quota players.

I am surprised Gary Hethrington isn't up in arms about special treatment for Wigan.
DaveO
Posts: 15131
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors overseas quota explained as Tommy Leuluai given exemption

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:57 pm To me Field is pretty much an unknown and one who hasn’t had that blistering impact that French had,would it worth me if went I can’t honestly say because we as fans simply haven’t seen enough of him and what little we did see was poor frankly.
How could he have had a blistering impact? I thought he only played half a dozen games before he got injured.

In any case now we know we don't have to get rid of a quota player there really is no excuse for Wigan dragging him 12,000 miles from Oz and then offering him out to other clubs.
User avatar
Mike
Site Admin
Posts: 6338
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Wigan Warriors overseas quota explained as Tommy Leuluai given exemption

Post by Mike »

Weird he kept his special status after going back there aus then returning.

I have no problem with getting rid of field if it's not working out for the club. All players take this risk with every contract, as do clubs with unsettled players.
fozzieskem
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Wigan Warriors overseas quota explained as Tommy Leuluai given exemption

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:20 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:57 pm To me Field is pretty much an unknown and one who hasn’t had that blistering impact that French had,would it worth me if went I can’t honestly say because we as fans simply haven’t seen enough of him and what little we did see was poor frankly.
How could he have had a blistering impact? I thought he only played half a dozen games before he got injured.

In any case now we know we don't have to get rid of a quota player there really is no excuse for Wigan dragging him 12,000 miles from Oz and then offering him out to other clubs.
French certainly made an instant impact that's for sure Field didn't even allowing for his injury he looked well out of the game to me before his season ending Injury

As for offering him out to other clubs it doesn't matter if jts Bolton or Brisbane you're from if it's not working move em on simple as that it's a story as old as the game itself
Post Reply