Pre-season day 1 gallery

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Pre-season day 1 gallery

Post by josie andrews »

See all the images from the opening day of pre-season.
Players returned to training at Robin Park Arena on Monday.
Abbas Miski and Kaide Ellis both in training action.
Wigan Warriors returned to first team training on Monday as pre-season preparations begin at Robin Park Arena… see our full gallery below!

The hard work has now started inside the Warriors camp as the all focus turns to the 2022 campaign.

New signings Abbas Miski and Kaide Ellis were both in action on the first day of training, as was captain Thomas Leuluai, who edges closer to full fitness following a long-term hamstring injury. Leuluai recently. signed a new one-year deal to stay at the Club for the 2022 season.

A new era under a new Coaching Team began as Head Coach Matt Peet, Assistant Coaches Lee Briers and Sean O’Loughlin and Leadership and Management Director Shaun Wane all delivered sessions and watched on.

First up was the bleep test, as all the players took on the running the 20m shuttle run test.

It was then time for some more running on the 3G pitches, before a number of rugby ball passing sessions, strength challenges and workout exercises.

The players were all wearing teamwear from our 2022 hummel primary training range, including the Captains Run T and Primary Overhead Hoody, which you can buy HERE. There are more primary training ranges still to be released so make to stay tuned to our website and social media channels to see when they are available at our Club Store!

See all the images below from day 1 of pre-season!

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/11/ ... 1-gallery/

Make it Wigan in 2022 and celebrate our 150th year with a Wigan Warriors season ticket. Supporting Wigan is about more than just going to a game. It’s about something bigger, something special. It’s about playing our own individual role in helping the Club succeed. Buy your season ticket today. Click HERE for all the details.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Pre-season day 1 gallery

Post by josie andrews »

Significantly missing is Hardaker!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:23 am Significantly missing is Hardaker!
Not seen any pictures of Bateman or Farrell either and I presume it’s because all three turned out for England against France and will get extra time. I did see mention of internationals coming back later somewhere.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I know it’s early days but there does seem to be a new,or at least refreshed air of professionalism about the club,might just be me that though
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:48 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:23 am Significantly missing is Hardaker!
Not seen any pictures of Bateman or Farrell either and I presume it’s because all three turned out for England against France and will get extra time. I did see mention of internationals coming back later somewhere.
Ah yes, forgot about the ‘international game’! 😳😳
HDS

Post by HDS »

Hope they had some of them practising goal kicking!!!!!