Wigan Rugby exhibition

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Wigan Rugby exhibition

Post by jaws1 »

https://www.facebook.com/MuseumOfWiganLife
It's #TryTuesday so it's sneaky peek time! All the giant vinyl graphics have been installed & look amazing & this week the mini stadium is being built. We can't wait to see you all when our new #RugbyLeague #exhibition #gerrumonside! opens on Saturday 27 November!
ancientnloyal

Re: Wigan Rugby exhibition

Post by ancientnloyal »

It’s going to be a fantastic celebration of rugby in the Borough and well worth a few visits!!

Keep your eyes open over the next week for snippets.

(I just hope I did the facts correctly haha)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:10 pm It’s going to be a fantastic celebration of rugby in the Borough and well worth a few visits!!

Keep your eyes open over the next week for snippets.

(I just hope I did the facts correctly haha)
Should have been on Display early September got put back with shortage of memorabilia
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

You got praise from the Museum for your contribution Marc its worth a visit .Talk on Saturday from a leading RL photographer starts at 1pm lasts for an hour. Museum open every day apart from Sunday and Mondays .Get down there and have a look its very interesting.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I helped yes with descriptions, facts, Slevin, and suggested “Gerrumonside” which they had already bounding about their office as a possible name. I did bits.

The real thanks should go to the people who donated their items and the Council team who, not an ounce of rugby in them, have pulled this off magnificently!

I am yet to go due to COVID

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:30 pm I helped yes with descriptions, facts, Slevin, and suggested “Gerrumonside” which they had already bounding about their office as a possible name. I did bits.

The real thanks should go to the people who donated their items and the Council team who, not an ounce of rugby in them, have pulled this off magnificently!

As long as the don’t call it “gerinter’um”! 🥴
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

“Bleedin’ ‘ell Mathers”

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ancientnloyal wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:30 pm I helped yes with descriptions, facts, Slevin, and suggested “Gerrumonside” which they had already bounding about their office as a possible name. I did bits.

They got gerrumonside on their t shirts one girl had to google it what it meant and could not find it i told her it was we shout at rugby for get them onside
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:48 pm

Good name for it :lol:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If you haven t been yet it’s a must go to. It will be updated through the year to suit events and promotions (and you’ll be able to buy some WRHS merch there too at base cost)

Keep your eyes open for a special event in January which should sell out quite quickly and would be a perfect evening for Wigan fans.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame