2 new signings Thornley and Silva

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: 2 new signings Thornley and Silva

Post by medlocke »

Flash wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:06 am
pedro wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:40 am
medlocke wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:55 pm

That was Goulding
Your joking right? He was a wingers dream
Ah! But you're missing the point. He wasn't Polynesian. Meds only has the hots for Polynesian players. Anyone from Wigan is inherently bad. Quite a strange attitude for someone purporting to be a Wigan fan, but I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
3 out of 10, must try harder
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:54 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:13 pm
Barney841 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:50 pm

I’ve always said gilly is overrated, good player but he isn’t top draw for me.
And it was Faz who made our left said lethal. Faz is sharp and one of the best at running good lines, he would always be looking to pass the ball as well before or after breaking the line of defence.
He made gilly and budgie look good
Faz is a good player, but sorry this bit is laughable.

If I had a pound for every time he should have passed but held on, I would have a tidy sum.
Your mixing Faz with Gildart there ;)
That’s my thinking. I’ve never known faz not to pass
Flash

Post by Flash »

medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:20 am
pedro wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:40 am

Your joking right? He was a wingers dream
Ah! But you're missing the point. He wasn't Polynesian. Meds only has the hots for Polynesian players. Anyone from Wigan is inherently bad. Quite a strange attitude for someone purporting to be a Wigan fan, but I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
Explain how that isn't true. You never have a bad word to say about any islanders but offer ridiculous levels of criticism when it comes to Wigan born players. "Goulding never passed" is your latest masterpiece. He was one of the best Winger's centres we've had in Superleague. Only Carmont and Gleason could be said to be his equal or better at putting their winger away.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Flash wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:14 pm

Explain how that isn't true. You never have a bad word to say about any islanders but offer ridiculous levels of criticism when it comes to Wigan born players. "Goulding never passed" is your latest masterpiece. He was one of the best Winger's centres we've had in Superleague. Only Carmont and Gleason could be said to be his equal or better at putting their winger away.
Name all these players then, by the way, one of my all time favourite players was BJ Mather so wrong again Bamber Gascoigne :D
pedro

Post by pedro »

PAV...
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I thought Medlocke never watches the matches, and so all of his comments are for comedic purposes? I have certainly always read them as that - so expect him still be criticising Lockers for years to come.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Nicky Kiss post reflects my views so I look forward to see how things unfold
Flash

Post by Flash »

medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:25 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:20 am 3 out of 10, must try harder
Name all these players then, by the way, one of my all time favourite players was BJ Mather so wrong again Bamber Gascoigne :D
Well let's start with Lockers, Goulding, Powell and Harry Smith for the Wiganers and on the praising islanders side we'll throw in Willie Isa and Adrian Lam. Those are all literally from the last few weeks.

Now you give me the recent cases of praising Wiganers/criticising Islanders.

By the way, BJ Mathers is from 30 years ago. Is that the only example you could think of? Must do better...
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Thomas Leuluai
Bevan French
Mitch Clark

and

Liam Marshall
Jake Bibby
Chris Hankinson
Brad O'Neill

I can honestly say I haven't had a favourite player since Andy Coley, But it's looking like Kai Pearce-Paul could be the next one
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He's a troll Flash. He says things to get a rise, no other reason. Don't fall for it. Its how he gets his kicks.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐