2 new signings Thornley and Silva

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

2 new signings Thornley and Silva

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

2002 and EW is hooked
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: 2 new signings Thornley and Silva

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Silva is a MMA expert . Him and Willie Isa hunting together could be exciting lol
2002 and EW is hooked
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I'm starting to get excited about next season with all these signings
pedro

Post by pedro »

Thornley and who?
HDS

Post by HDS »

If Ramon is a black belt in Brazilian Ju- jitsu he will be a very fit lad. Very exhausting art.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

It's fair to say, atleast we are recruiting players in the correct positions, presuming French and Field will be here and playing throughout 2022!

It's great to read the disappointment that many Manly fans have posted around Cust departing and more importantly how much they rate him as a NRL prospect!

As for Thornley, I wasn't originally overjoyed at his return, simply based on the calibre of signings made by our rivals. That said, I would hope Thornley recognises that at this stage of his career, he has a fantastic opportunity to play at the top, if we hadn't signed him, I doubt Wire, Stains or Leeds would have picked him up. I'm hoping he embraces it and provides healthy competition and although it's very different from 2013, atleast he knows the winning culture and what's expected!

As for Silva, never heard of him or seen any footage of him. Would appear he's the type of geezer who you wouldn't want to steal his chair down the boozer though👊!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Never heard of Silva but didn't KPP come from London as well? That looks to have been a smart move so lets hope this is another out of the same mould. No reason not to.

Thornley on the other hand? Unlike Silva (and KPP) he's at the wrong end of his career and has done nothing special throughout it so with the best will in the world I have no idea why anyone would expect any different now, including Wigan's coaching staff. You can have all the right attitude you want but as the-hooker-who-shall-not-be-named proves that alone isn't good enough.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Waw…… have we signed thorniley? Great to know that the club keeps me up to daye 🥱
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

The comment by Peet which I found most encouraging was that he thinks Thornley will 'increase competition for places' which seems about right to me. I know we'd all have liked to have signed a top class centre but if we can't do that a bit of squad depth is always a good thing. The Silva signing is an interesting one for the future. Let's see how he gets on in the reserves before we get too carried away though.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

I haven't found a fat lot about Ramon Silva (anyone else had a look?).

I guess this game will be on Wigan TV where he scored against us:

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2021/06/30/ ... -warriors/