2 new signings Thornley and Silva

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: 2 new signings Thornley and Silva

Post by fozzieskem »

Not doing cartwheels over Thornley hut he's here now so welcome back,for the young prop again good for the squad so lets hope out works out for him
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

This is not me being Thornleys number one advocate or anything but I'm also not as opposed as some seem.

78 tries in 173 games
30 tries in 45 games at wigan

Most recent

23 tries in 48 games for leigh who have been pretty poor (apart from us)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:18 pm I haven't found a fat lot about Ramon Silva (anyone else had a look?).

I guess this game might be on Wigan TV where he scored against us (but I couldn't find it :cry: )

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2021/06/30/ ... -warriors/
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Well well, found this, Ramon scoring the clinching try v Saints Academy in 2020....

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/03/02/a ... in-london/

:lol:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I'm willing to give Thornley a go especially after what we had to watch last year. He's got size decent pace and knows how to score he's also a big body out wide. If he's motivated this is his last chance to fulfill all the potential, he seems to have made the wrong moves at the wrong time hope this is finally a right one for both parties.
Silva is exactly the right sort of development signing, young and ticks a lot of boxes. Quite happy to see how he goes 20 years of age 6ft, 16 stone athletic with plenty aggression. From highlights on his Instagram he looks like he keeps his legs pumping through contact and uses technique along with strength to free his body to either offload or find the ground and play the ball quickly.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think it was a good idea to unveil Thornley - news of which let’s face it won’t be selling any season tickets - and Silva together. Particularly after how brilliant KPP looks, another potential London gem is very exciting news.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:42 am I think it was a good idea to unveil Thornley - news of which let’s face it won’t be selling any season tickets - and Silva together. Particularly after how brilliant KPP looks, another potential London gem is very exciting news.
Miski is from London as well isn't he, could have a good trio on our hands
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I feel conflicted (is that the word?) about Miski, purely because he is replacing Manfredi.

We waived our season ticket money for 2020, and were about to buy new season tickets this year, when I was rung by a couple of people from the club - possibly John Winder and a commercial guy, no one important for a lowly serf like me. They wanted to thank me blah blah and make sure I was renewing. My one question to both of them was how was Manfredi doing - as I was such a big fan of his. They reassured me that Dom was going great, never better. Yeah right - so the one time I am directly contacted by the club, they pretty much lied to me in person.

So, it will be bittersweet watching the player who replaced Dom.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:12 am I feel conflicted (is that the word?) about Miski, purely because he is replacing Manfredi.

We waived our season ticket money for 2020, and were about to buy new season tickets this year, when I was rung by a couple of people from the club - possibly John Winder and a commercial guy, no one important for a lowly serf like me. They wanted to thank me blah blah and make sure I was renewing. My one question to both of them was how was Manfredi doing - as I was such a big fan of his. They reassured me that Dom was going great, never better. Yeah right - so the one time I am directly contacted by the club, they pretty much lied to me in person.

So, it will be bittersweet watching the player who replaced Dom.
I too was a big fan of Manfredi and Charnely before him, I felt they were very similiar in running styles and attributes (I am a winger by trade so always have a soft spot for wingers) but not sure what to make of Miski just yet as I have not really seen him play but he has a decent strike record from what I gather.
So is Manfredi not doing okay? I thought the club were 'looking' after him when he had to retire
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I would rather have an adequate player who wants to be at Wigan (Thornley) rather than a mediocre injury ridden wanna be superstar (Gildart) who doesn't want to be at Wigan, and I couldn't give a shiny one if he once had a few great seasons 3 or 4 years ago.