2 new signings Thornley and Silva

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: 2 new signings Thornley and Silva

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:12 am I feel conflicted (is that the word?) about Miski, purely because he is replacing Manfredi.

We waived our season ticket money for 2020, and were about to buy new season tickets this year, when I was rung by a couple of people from the club - possibly John Winder and a commercial guy, no one important for a lowly serf like me. They wanted to thank me blah blah and make sure I was renewing. My one question to both of them was how was Manfredi doing - as I was such a big fan of his. They reassured me that Dom was going great, never better. Yeah right - so the one time I am directly contacted by the club, they pretty much lied to me in person.

So, it will be bittersweet watching the player who replaced Dom.
I received my phone call off Dom Manfredi cos he asked could he phone me when he saw my name on the list 😂

Dom is okay, he started working at the beginning of November at a metal stockholding company. I keep in contact with him regularly 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:41 am I would rather have an adequate player who wants to be at Wigan (Thornley) rather than a mediocre injury ridden wanna be superstar (Gildart) who doesn't want to be at Wigan, and I couldn't give a shiny one if he once had a few great seasons 3 or 4 years ago.
I couldnt agree more
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:45 am
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:12 am I feel conflicted (is that the word?) about Miski, purely because he is replacing Manfredi.

We waived our season ticket money for 2020, and were about to buy new season tickets this year, when I was rung by a couple of people from the club - possibly John Winder and a commercial guy, no one important for a lowly serf like me. They wanted to thank me blah blah and make sure I was renewing. My one question to both of them was how was Manfredi doing - as I was such a big fan of his. They reassured me that Dom was going great, never better. Yeah right - so the one time I am directly contacted by the club, they pretty much lied to me in person.

So, it will be bittersweet watching the player who replaced Dom.
I received my phone call off Dom Manfredi cos he asked could he phone me when he saw my name on the list 😂

Dom is okay, he started working at the beginning of November at a metal stockholding company. I keep in contact with him regularly 😊
He used go in my mam n dads local josie…… top lad
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:05 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:41 am I would rather have an adequate player who wants to be at Wigan (Thornley) rather than a mediocre injury ridden wanna be superstar (Gildart) who doesn't want to be at Wigan, and I couldn't give a shiny one if he once had a few great seasons 3 or 4 years ago.
I couldnt agree more
I think Gildart struggled last season under Lam, the forwards were losing the battle so there was no space out wide.

I think we will see a big difference in 2023 when he returns. :lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Why don't you just want a top class centre? Gildart has gone so Gildart's injuries and attitude are irrelevant as regards his replacement.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:50 pm
Why don't you just want a top class centre? Gildart has gone so Gildart's injuries and attitude are irrelevant as regards his replacement.
Are you going to pay the big money for a top class centre Dave?, I would like nothing more than to have replaced Gildart with Dane Gagai but it obviously wasn't the plan ie salary cap, though I hazard a guess that you would still find something to moan about if we had replaced him with Gagai
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:03 pm
Are you going to pay the big money for a top class centre Dave?, I would like nothing more than to have replaced Gildart with Dane Gagai but it obviously wasn't the plan ie salary cap, though I hazard a guess that you would still find something to moan about if we had replaced him with Gagai
I find it funny people think we need a top class centre to replace Gildart, Gildart was woeful the past couple of years. Thornley has probably performed better in that period, so we have upgraded really.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:31 pm

I find it funny people think we need a top class centre to replace Gildart, Gildart was woeful the past couple of years. Thornley has probably performed better in that period, so we have upgraded really.
Although i hope im wrong( and im 100% honest) i cant see gildart doing much in the nrl…… theres way too many big fast polynesian centres over there for him to compete
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:53 pm

Although i hope im wrong( and im 100% honest) i cant see gildart doing much in the nrl…… theres way too many big fast polynesian centres over there for him to compete
Just hope that when it goes tits up for him he isn't brought back here
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:53 pm

Especially when defending his own line.. he will get bulldozered!