Thornley: Great to be back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Thornley: Great to be back

Post by josie andrews »

Iain Thornley rejoins Wigan Warriors on a two-year deal.

Thornley: “I can’t wait to represent the badge again and pull on the shirt.”

Read more about Thornley’s return HERE.

Iain Thornley returns to Wigan Warriors for the 2022 season on a two-year deal with the option of a third year.

Born in Wigan, Thornley had a stint in the Warriors Academy before playing first team rugby between 2012-2015, and was part of the double-winning side of 2013.

“I’m made up, really excited and I can’t wait to get started,” he said on re-signing for Wigan.

“When you’re in the last year of your contract, clubs can approach you and Wigan were really keen, they showed that to me and the fact they showed that, I was made up. I think that’s why I’ve ended up being here, they’ve shown that to me and I wanted to be here as well, so I can’t wait to get started, it’s all gone to plan and I’ll be here for 2022.”

On representing his hometown Club again, he said: “Obviously being a Wigan lad, it’s my hometown Club, I can’t wait to represent the badge again and pull on the shirt. All the past players that have worn those numbers as well, I’m really looking forward to it and can’t wait to rip in.”

Thornley can play centre or winger and is hoping to get a chance to flourish on the left edge: “There’s been some really good players that have played there, I definitely want to come in and add to that. There’s already some really good players on that side so if I can knuckle down in pre-season and get that spot towards the beginning of the year, show what I can do, I’ll hopefully be part of the tries that happen on that side of the field.

We have a lot of fans and that comes with opinions of everything they see on game day. We love that support, it creates the 18th man, but we also have to deliver as well. That will be my aim, show what I can do and show why I’ve been signed.”

He added: “You always want to be part of history and the fact that it’s such a big year for the Club it makes it even more special to be a part of. I want to start afresh for pre-season and hit the ground running.”

Make it Wigan in 2022 and celebrate our 150th year with a Wigan Warriors season ticket. Supporting Wigan is about more than just going to a game. It’s about something bigger, something special. It’s about playing our own individual role in helping the Club succeed. Buy your season ticket today. Click HERE for all the details.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/11/ ... be-back-2/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PJC

Re: Thornley: Great to be back

Post by PJC »

I was sorry to see him leave. Good luck to him 👍
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think he will go good but we defo need back up
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:04 pm I think he will go good but we defo need back up
I think he is the back up, along with Halsall, Isa and even KPP.

Think Bibby and Hardaker will get the centre shirts.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

First Try Tickle wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:39 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:04 pm I think he will go good but we defo need back up
I think he is the back up, along with Halsall, Isa and even KPP.

Think Bibby and Hardaker will get the centre shirts.
Maybe , depending on french and field
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE