Wigan to face Saints at Magic

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Wigan to face Saints at Magic

Post by Wintergreen »

Playing some teams more than others undermines the integrity of the competition imo.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

agreed
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:16 am It would be sensible for the loop fixtures to factor in who teams are playing at Magic to ensure you don’t play a team 4 times.

How do the loop fixtures get decided ? (I wish they’d just scrap them, I hate it).
That's how it is done.
The other fixtures in the loop will probably be

4 (Wigan) v 6 and 10 and 8 and 12.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

My mistake, and thanks for the clarification. Just 3 times, including this one. Plus potentially the cup, I suppose.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Why should we fear Saints? They've re-signed players like LMS who is 35. It will take Isa 3 years (or is it 2?) to catch up to him, and he's too old for us.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

LMS is a bit part player for them by now very rarely if ever starts

I think saints have been successful on the back of the momentum they get - warmsley et al laying a platform and roby is still one of the best hookers in the league although at some point surely time will have to catch up with him

They’ve got some great young kids in their back line like welsby

I don’t think they will be the same force next year but they’ve got a very good coach proven in getting results

At the moment next season for us is becoming more and more unreadable to me we could be a sensation or a relegation candidate it’s very difficult to call

We have a new coach, a couple of key new players but everyone who has come in is a bit unknown barring maybe thornley who i
expect to be average
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:55 pm Why should we fear Saints? They've re-signed players like LMS who is 35. It will take Isa 3 years (or is it 2?) to catch up to him, and he's too old for us.
We shouldn’t, actually we should embrace the challenge and I am sure we will.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:33 pm LMS is a bit part player for them by now very rarely if ever starts

I think saints have been successful on the back of the momentum they get - warmsley et al laying a platform and roby is still one of the best hookers in the league although at some point surely time will have to catch up with him

They’ve got some great young kids in their back line like welsby

I don’t think they will be the same force next year but they’ve got a very good coach proven in getting results

At the moment next season for us is becoming more and more unreadable to me we could be a sensation or a relegation candidate it’s very difficult to call

We have a new coach, a couple of key new players but everyone who has come in is a bit unknown barring maybe thornley who i
expect to be average
I’ll call it, no where near relegation, top four team.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:33 pm
expect to be average
30 tries in 45 appearances is pretty average I suppose compared to Gildhart's 61 in 129?
Why don't folk just give him a chance instead of ripping him a new rsole before he's pulled a shirt on again?
Tell me why are Wigan fans complete downers?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

I agree he’s a decent size and the only problem I saw last time was he didn’t pass much to the winger but thought he was good on his first stanza - hopefully not lost too much as he’s no spring chicken anymore but let’s see how he does!