Channel 4 to broadcast SL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Channel 4 to broadcast SL

Post by pedro »

love Inverness, we got a couple of times a year to see my mate who lives there, fair drive but worth it, the premier inn on the river ness is in a great position
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:42 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:27 am
medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:16 am
Yeah stopped off at Elean Donan castle but was fogged in, was still smart though photos didn't come out good, went from Fort William to Old man of storr and back in around 9 hours, crammed a lot in but was good
we went for day trip to skye and stopped off there….. got the ferry back for the alternate route back….. we also saw the monty python castles while we were there…… cant wait to go again but inverness was easily my favourite place
Never got as far up as Inverness, on the last day there we headed over to the Cairngorms, down to Pitlochry then over to Kirriemuir for the Bon Scott statue and JM Barrie birthplace before heading back to Carlisle via Queensferry bridge, then Kielder water the next day before heading back to Millom
If you go to NW Scotland, and want to avoid M74 and Glasgow, try turning off at Gretna towards Dumfries, then towards Ayr then Kilmarnock. (A75/A76).
Cross the Clyde at Erskine Bridge. (There's a quicker motorway route towards Paisley, or quieter one through Kilmacolm.) Once over the bridge, stop for fuel, then you'll be at Loch Lomond in minutes.

It only takes about 30 minutes more and it's 100 times better.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:40 am
Firestarter wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:27 am we went for day trip to skye and stopped off there….. got the ferry back for the alternate route back….. we also saw the monty python castles while we were there…… cant wait to go again but inverness was easily my favourite place
Never got as far up as Inverness, on the last day there we headed over to the Cairngorms, down to Pitlochry then over to Kirriemuir for the Bon Scott statue and JM Barrie birthplace before heading back to Carlisle via Queensferry bridge, then Kielder water the next day before heading back to Millom
If you go to NW Scotland, and want to avoid M74 and Glasgow, try turning off at Gretna towards Dumfries, then towards Ayr then Kilmarnock. (A75/A76).
Cross the Clyde at Erskine Bridge. (There's a quicker motorway route towards Paisley, or quieter one through Kilmacolm.) Once over the bridge, stop for fuel, then you'll be at Loch Lomond in minutes.

Shall look into that route, been wanting to do that area, been all over the SW coast while fishing, Southerness, Kirkudbright, Balcary, Isle of Whithorn, Cairn Ryan etc, planning on doing John O'Groats and Lands End next year during Easter and October and might nip back to Bridlington for a few days during the wet season :D
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:27 am we went for day trip to skye and stopped off there….. got the ferry back for the alternate route back….. we also saw the monty python castles while we were there…… cant wait to go again but inverness was easily my favourite place

We drive that way morley…… went basically up the west coast across at inverness and back down the east coast…… the road from montrose to carslile was a good scenic route but glen coe was even more impressive
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pedro wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:53 pm love Inverness, we got a couple of times a year to see my mate who lives there, fair drive but worth it, the premier inn on the river ness is in a great position
The river walk in inverness was fantastic as were the bars lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’m going to be a miserable barsteward here & ask that you all discuss your travels around Scotland in either a different thread on the General forum, no Off Topic now, or by Private Message please.
Odd post not so bad but there are now several of you all discussing Scotland & it’s beauty spots & Road ways😊

This thread is about Channel 4 😉😉

Thank you
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:08 pm

We drive that way morley…… went basically up the west coast across at inverness and back down the east coast…… the road from montrose to carslile was a good scenic route but glen coe was even more impressive
Did you go down Glen Etive to the Loch while at Glen Coe?, We made a point to go down there this time, was amazing scenery, even got to see 5 stags close up, well the the 1 hour round trip