Channel 4 to broadcast SL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Channel 4 to broadcast SL

Post by fozzieskem »

One thing for sure,for this to work the standard of the game has to be raised and I include every team bar Catalan asked on last season it has to be attractive to the wider public that'll be the test.
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

I agree with Fozzieskem there were some dull games last season, sadly especially from Wigan.
But anything which puts RL on a bigger canvas has to be good news.
So let's take the positive here and welcome this news - it has to be good for the game.
And I don't think Channel 4 will do any more adverts than Sky.

Any ideas on who will commentate?
Could we persuade them to take on Joe Mills and Bilko?
Stevethegas
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

pearsy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:40 am Knowing channel 4 there will be adverts after every tackle
With the way some teams lie on after the tackle they probably could without disrupting the game :)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:38 am beat me to it Josie :). Was just reading about it and about to post :)

good news and what many of us have been crying out for, for a long time. Whilst it doesnt go into the financial details within the article, any exposure on free to air TV (Saturday dinner) can only be good for the game and hopefully something to build on, and not just let it be a one off contract.

What i would like to see now on C4 is some promotion of the games, so that they arent just watched by general RL fans, but try to attract a wider audience. I am sure Adam Hills will do more than his fair share on "The Last Leg"
I was about to post this on here from the Wigan club but Jobo actually beat me to it as well with a thread on the General forum 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Good News for the sport and hopefully a broadcast team that provide insight and knowledge rather than the usual Sky bias.

I am somewhat concerned with the Yorkshire corridor though, broadcast partner based very close to a certain Mr. Hetherington, and also kick offs on a Saturday lunch time, we are trying to compete with Premier League football in that respect.

But hey, anything new and tried is potentially a step I the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

pearsy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:40 am Knowing channel 4 there will be adverts after every tackle
Better them than BBC, what a shower they are.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Hope they get somebody to analyse the games who knows what they are taking about unlike the clowns on sky
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Excellent news.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pearsy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:02 pm Hope they get somebody to analyse the games who knows what they are taking about unlike the clowns on sky
Kevin Brown is a good analyser of the game 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:19 pm
pearsy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:02 pm Hope they get somebody to analyse the games who knows what they are taking about unlike the clowns on sky
Kevin Brown is a good analyser of the game 😊
They could get Sean Long to front it. 🤣