Channel 4 to broadcast SL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Channel 4 to broadcast SL

Post by morley pie eater »

pearsy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:02 pm Hope they get somebody to analyse the games who knows what they are taking about unlike the clowns on sky
Jon Wells is very good.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Great news, not because of income (if there is any), but for free-to-air coverage to increase awareness of RL.

I think the Sky deal allowed for this, partly because they are realising that they are part of the problem - a minority sport hidden away on a niche channel will rot on the vine.

Nice to see an overwhelmingly positive response too :D
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I agree with Morley re: Jon Wells!

Fantastic news this and a brilliant opportunity to promote the game nationwide. I really hope the commercial aspect is spot on and the games in question are carefully selected.

Step in the right direction!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Great news for the sport, It can only be a good, I've just got back from a much needed 3.5 day sabbatical to Fort William and the Isle of Skye so have not been logged in, really hope it succeeds and we can bring in more fans and maybe some new players
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:24 am Well done Ken Davy great news for our sport 😊🏉
Out of the Sky gulag at last.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:29 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:24 am Well done Ken Davy great news for our sport 😊🏉
Out of the Sky gulag at last.
He was sat with us in the directors box at magic, he’s a very nice man 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I imagine Claire balding will be in there she does the racing for 4 doesn’t she?

Personally I’d like to see wilkin I think he’s a great pundit speak really well and honestly
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:43 pm I imagine Claire balding will be in there she does the racing for 4 doesn’t she?

Personally I’d like to see wilkin I think he’s a great pundit speak really well and honestly
Claire is/was the chairman of RL she is freelance.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Positive news and hopefully a beginning of a long partnership with C4.
Those of us of a certain age will remember the great job they did with American Football.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

It will be interesting to see the CH4 line up.

I do hope we get some experienced commentators and summerisers, there don't seem to be too many around.

As far as commentators I'd try and hire Dave Woods or Phil Kinsella. Summerisors , perhaps Michael Shenton, heard him quite a bit and is articulate and knows what's going on during play. Jon Wilkin is an obvious fit.
Studio anchor maybe Martin Offiah or Tony Rae. Studio summersisor Kevin Sinfield.

Those to avoid surely are Baz and Tez, Jones Buchanan, Peacock & Kev Brown.

We need a new presentation team which is quick in thought, quick in talk, slick, intelligent and have a great insight into the game.
CH4's picture presentation probably won't be as good as SKY's so they have to match them with a far, far better match personnel commentary team.

Free to air can only be good for the game.