Channel 4 to broadcast SL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Channel 4 to broadcast SL

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:08 pm
Nezza Faz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:33 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:49 pm

Better them than BBC, what a shower they are.
You're kidding, these days the BBC leave Sky for dead ! Mark 'Chappers' Chapman is a polished presenter and enthusiastic host and they have an excellent panel of pro's who talk common sense. The likes of John Wilkin, JJB, Kevin Brown, Jamie Peacock, etc are far more entertaining and insightful than the likes of O'Connor, Phil Clarke and Brian Carney. And Dave Woods as a commentator adds more knowledge and enlightenment than the doleful Bill Arthur !
Additionally, the BBC gives a more professional and lengthy build up to their games with intelligent features and interviews and then you can get the Red Button review programme at the conclusion of the games.
To be honest, I'm perfectly happy it's the BBC who've been given the contract for the World Cup, who will be broadcasting every match into the schedule. Heaven knows how Sky would have tried to bungle a proper format together to cover the full event ?
That’s the problem with all broadcasters far to many “experts” you simply don’t need 3 or 4 voices you need 2,that’s why like it or not Eddie and Steve worked,and it did before anyone starts,think back to motor racing,walker and hunt I could go on.

It seems now we have to have studio guests,touchline guests guest commentary be quiet,shut up and let the game do the talking,Jesus wept does my noggin in it really does
I totally agree! To the point that I will turn off neutral games because of the bloody drivel they come out with now! Drives me nuts! And before anyone says just turn the sound off, I do like to listen to proper commentary not this bunch of loonies Sky have now! Whether they are ex players or not 🤨

That’s my moan for the day 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

medlocke wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:02 am Maybe the could have a legend of the game and also a high profile celebrity guest for every game, let them give their view before, half time and after the game, Ben Stokes one week, Johnny Vegas another, then there's the likes of Bradley Wiggins, Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, several actors from Emmerdale & Corrie etc etc, would be more entertaining than the Baz n Tez show
Don't ever suggest Vegas again.Uncouth scouse windbag.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Nezza Faz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:33 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:49 pm
pearsy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:40 am Knowing channel 4 there will be adverts after every tackle
Better them than BBC, what a shower they are.
You're kidding, these days the BBC leave Sky for dead ! Mark 'Chappers' Chapman is a polished presenter and enthusiastic host and they have an excellent panel of pro's who talk common sense. The likes of John Wilkin, JJB, Kevin Brown, Jamie Peacock, etc are far more entertaining and insightful than the likes of O'Connor, Phil Clarke and Brian Carney. And Dave Woods as a commentator adds more knowledge and enlightenment than the doleful Bill Arthur !
Additionally, the BBC gives a more professional and lengthy build up to their games with intelligent features and interviews and then you can get the Red Button review programme at the conclusion of the games.
To be honest, I'm perfectly happy it's the BBC who've been given the contract for the World Cup, who will be broadcasting every match into the schedule. Heaven knows how Sky would have tried to bungle a proper format together to cover the full event ?
Sky commentry etc has lost its way, far too much negative/professional Northerner attitudes, Arthur shows little understanding of the game. John Wells is a positve. BBC coverage of the CC Semis last year was excellent, all showed a genuine interest in the game and provided a polished performance.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:02 am Maybe the could have a legend of the game and also a high profile celebrity guest for every game, let them give their view before, half time and after the game, Ben Stokes one week, Johnny Vegas another, then there's the likes of Bradley Wiggins, Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, several actors from Emmerdale & Corrie etc etc, would be more entertaining than the Baz n Tez show
Thumb screws are more preferable than those two.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Great news this. Doesn’t matter if C4 are getting the games for free. This is an opportunity to raise the games profile and hopefully attract more sponsorship.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

DaveO wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:27 pm Great news this. Doesn’t matter if C4 are getting the games for free. This is an opportunity to raise the games profile and hopefully attract more sponsorship.
Indeed, the bigger picture. Most important. Can't just stand still and navel watch.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:47 pm Great news for the sport, It can only be a good, I've just got back from a much needed 3.5 day sabbatical to Fort William and the Isle of Skye so have not been logged in, really hope it succeeds and we can bring in more fans and maybe some new players
Me and mrs went a two week tour of bonny scotland in july meds….. the scenery is second to none….. fort william and skye are awesome…..did u manage to see the highlander movie castle? Its amazing
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:56 am
medlocke wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:47 pm Great news for the sport, It can only be a good, I've just got back from a much needed 3.5 day sabbatical to Fort William and the Isle of Skye so have not been logged in, really hope it succeeds and we can bring in more fans and maybe some new players
Me and mrs went a two week tour of bonny scotland in july meds….. the scenery is second to none….. fort william and skye are awesome…..did u manage to see the highlander movie castle? Its amazing
Yeah stopped off at Elean Donan castle but was fogged in, was still smart though photos didn't come out good, went from Fort William to Old man of storr and back in around 9 hours, crammed a lot in but was good
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:16 am
Yeah stopped off at Elean Donan castle but was fogged in, was still smart though photos didn't come out good, went from Fort William to Old man of storr and back in around 9 hours, crammed a lot in but was good
we went for day trip to skye and stopped off there….. got the ferry back for the alternate route back….. we also saw the monty python castles while we were there…… cant wait to go again but inverness was easily my favourite place
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:27 am
medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:16 am
we went for day trip to skye and stopped off there….. got the ferry back for the alternate route back….. we also saw the monty python castles while we were there…… cant wait to go again but inverness was easily my favourite place
Never got as far up as Inverness, on the last day there we headed over to the Cairngorms, down to Pitlochry then over to Kirriemuir for the Bon Scott statue and JM Barrie birthplace before heading back to Carlisle via Queensferry bridge, then Kielder water the next day before heading back to Millom