Thursday night under the lights

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Thursday night under the lights

Post by josie andrews »

Warriors to host Thursday night under the lights event on Thursday 9th December.

Chance for fans to watch the first team train, meet and greet the players and shop late at our Club Store.

Get your FREE tickets before it’s too late! Click HERE now!

Wigan Warriors are inviting Cherry and White fans to be part of our ‘Thursday night under the lights’ event at Robin Park Arena on Thursday 9th December with the chance to watch the first team train.

An open training session will take place on the field at Robin Park Arena with fans having the opportunity to watch from the sidelines and in the seated stand.

There will also be a chance to meet the players – including our new signings Abbas Miski, Patrick Mago, Kaide Ellis, Cade Cust, Iain Thornley and Ramon Silva – as well as our new Coaching Team with a meet and greet session straight after the training session has ended. You can have pictures, selfies and autographs with every player, but we remind all fans that due to Club Covid-19 protocols that we politely ask for pictures and interaction with players to remain socially distanced.

There will be plenty of entertainment too for lots of family fun, including the Davanti passing challenge, dancing from our Warrior Girls, music, memorable Wigan moments on a big screen and an appearance from the one and only, Mighty Max! Our Women’s, PDRL, LDRL and Wheelchair teams will all be in attendance too.

The night will also see the launch of late-night shopping at our Club Store. As we count down the days until Christmas, our Store will be open late every Thursday so make sure to make use of the opening times and get the Warrior gifts you need to make someone’s Christmas this year! Fans can also buy 2022 season tickets on the night from our Store! Juniors who sign-up for season tickets will receive a free gift! Click HERE for all the season ticket details for next year.

Food and beverage stalls will be available on the outdoor running track, including Baldy’s Pies, Just for You Fish and Chips, Roaming Spirit and Sweet Life Online.

This is a ticketed event and due to capacity space, numbers are restricted so please make sure you book to confirm your place and to avoid disappointment.

Tickets are free, all you need to do is fill in our short form HERE and you will receive booking confirmation. Please show the confirmation on arrival on the night.

Doors will open from 4pm, with the training session set to take place at 6pm. The meet and greet session will begin at 7pm with the event set to end at 8pm. Our Club Store will remain open until 8:30pm for you to call in on the way out and purchase any extra bits.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/11/ ... he-lights/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: Thursday night under the lights

Post by fozzieskem »

Brilliant idea and a damn shame I won’t be there but off to see Madness that evening.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:Brilliant idea and a damn shame I won’t be there but off to see Madness that evening.
So am I!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:29 pm
fozzieskem wrote:Brilliant idea and a damn shame I won’t be there but off to see Madness that evening.
So am I!
Great minds think alike sir!

Don’t forget Squeeze at 7.30,great double bill as good as James and Happy Mondays that I saw last night :D
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

So am I!
And you call yourselves supporters? Hang your heads in shame 😉
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
So am I!
Great minds think alike sir!

Don’t forget Squeeze at 7.30,great double bill as good as James and Happy Mondays that I saw last night :D
When I lived in London I was at Squeeze so called last gig at the Hammersmith Palais, a venue long gone unfortunately. It was fantastic. I will not be missing Squeeze on the 9th.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thursday night information

Everything you need to know for Thursday’s (9th December) event at Robin Park Arena.

Opportunity for fans to watch the first team train, meet and greet the players and shop late at our Club Store.

Full timings and all the details below!

Are you coming to Robin Park Arena tomorrow night (9th December) for our ‘Thursday night under the lights’ event? Here’s everything you need to know…

Timings

4pm: Doors open
5pm: First team player signing session in the indoor track
6pm: First team field session
7pm: First team field session ends
8:30pm: Club Store and event closes

Please note that bookings for Thursday’s event are now closed.

What’s happening?

4pm: Doors open

Fans can start to arrive at Robin Park Arena from 4pm.

Those who completed our ticket form should have already received a booking confirmation. Please show this on arrival – either on your mobile phone or printed off. Please note if you are planning to park on one of the car parks around Robin Park, these are council pay and display car parks. We advise fans to arrive in good time as we are expecting it to be busy in and around the Robin Park area.

Activities

From 4:30pm there will be a junior players training session – delivered by Warriors Community Foundation coaches outside – for any youngsters wanting to gain Rugby League coaching from our Community Foundation coaches! These sessions will be delivered so players can drop in and out as they wish. Youngsters can also test their Rugby League skills and have a go at our Davanti Tyres passing challenge!

Club Store

Thursday night will see the launch of late-night shopping at our Club Store.

As we count down the days until Christmas, our Store will be open late every Thursday so make sure to make use of the opening times and get the Warrior gifts you need to make someone’s Christmas this year, including our new replica hummel home and away kits!

Fans can also buy 2022 season tickets on the night from our Store. Juniors who sign-up for season tickets will receive a free gift! Click HERE for all the season ticket details for next year. Due to changes in Government Covid-19 guidelines, all fans – unless exempt – must wear a face covering whilst shopping in-Store. We also advise fans to wear face masks where possible inside Robin Park Arena.

Food and drink

Food and beverage stalls will be available on the indoor running track with a number of pop-up shops and stalls, including Ninja Coffee, Baldy’s Pies, Just for You Fish and Chips, Roaming Spirit and Sweet Life Online. Make sure to look out for our Warrior Girls too who will be sampling Loch Lomond Whisky tasters (18+ only) and handing out free products, courtesy of The Skinny Food Co.

5pm: First team player signing session in the indoor track

There will be signing session at 5pm in the indoor running track where you can meet the first team squad, including our new signings Abbas Miski, Patrick Mago, Kaide Ellis, Iain Thornley and Ramon Silva – as well as our new Coaching Team.
You can have pictures, selfies and autographs with every player, but we remind all fans that due to Club Covid-19 protocols that we politely ask for pictures and interaction with players to remain socially distanced and advise to wear masks where possible.

The one and only Mighty Max will be there too, alongside our Women’s, PDRL, LDRL and Wheelchair teams. There will also be an exhibition from our Wheelchair players as they demonstrate how to play Rugby League on the court and explain how the game works.

6pm: First team field session

An open training session will take place on the field at Robin Park Arena with the opportunity to watch from the sidelines and in the seated stand.

7pm: First team field session ends

8:30pm: Club Store and event closes

Our Club Store will remain open until 8:30pm for you to call in on the way out and purchase any extra bits.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/12/ ... formation/
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What a great night tonight at this event even the rain didn’t put a damper on it.

The players were great with everyone enjoying having autographs & photos took.

The new boys took it all in their stride too & the club has to be commended for holding this for fans. Over 1500 fans attended.

Lee Briers is something else! What a nice bloke & he is really enjoying it at Wigan in fact as we were leaving I asked him if he was enjoying it so far he replied “I’m loving it, I’m loving being here, tonight was just great”. And he was very sincere in his comments.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Thanks for your feedback Josie. As for Lee, I have always found him very approachable, a proper Rugby League man.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Under the lights: Share your photos

We had a fantastic evening having all our fans down at Robin Park Arena for ‘Thursday night under the lights’ and we hope you did too!

The evening saw lots going on around Robin Park Arena, including pop-up stalls, demonstrations from our Wheelchair team, first team signing and photo opportunities, late-night shopping, as well as the chance to see our first team train.

We want to see your best photos from a brilliant evening here with Wigan Warriors – share your memories from the evening with us on Twitter @WiganWarriorsRL using the hashtag #WWRL.

In the meantime, here’s some of our best shots from the night:

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/12/ ... ur-photos/