2022 Kits Released?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bob the Builder

Re: 2022 Kits Released?

Post by Bob the Builder »

Why does the away blue have the extra line underneath the hoop, but the home kit does not?
Surely it would have made sense and have been better to have two identical kits, the only difference being the colour (cherry/blue).
I actually prefer the away kit blue design but want the home kit cherry colour (it is cherry, isn't it).
Which one do I buy (cos at £50 it is only one I can afford, as I'm not made of money - do I get?)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:06 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:04 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:48 pm

Me too & the option to not have the logo on the front is a great idea from the club 😊
Why would Iqoniq sign up to this? Could it lead to less sponsorship for Wigan?
It says on the link that it has been discussed & agreed with Iqonic
In fairness I still struggle to know what iqonic really is
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:36 pm https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/11/ ... -released/

Can’t please everybody! 🤨
Correct, can't beat moan provoking kits!?!
For the record I think they look excellent and the badge looks ok on the hoops, best kit home and away for a long while.👍
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

widdenoldboy wrote:
medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:01 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:53 pm Too many hoops not enough piping :lol:

Costa coffee badge
White box with skinny something in it?

Not into it but might buy it when it comes down to a fiver
After viewing a second time I think it would have been a lot better if they had put the original crest where the skinny box is, thus having both old and new badges onboard
+1
Not sure why we have ditched the old badge totally anyway but would have been nice on this traditional style shirt. I'm OK with this kit.
Agreed. The kit is OK but I like the idea of old and new badges. Would have been quite fitting for an anniversary shirt.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Bob the Builder wrote:Why does the away blue have the extra line underneath the hoop, but the home kit does not?
Surely it would have made sense and have been better to have two identical kits, the only difference being the colour (cherry/blue).
I actually prefer the away kit blue design but want the home kit cherry colour (it is cherry, isn't it).
Which one do I buy (cos at £50 it is only one I can afford, as I'm not made of money - do I get?)
I think the away kit is a nod to the kind of Norweb style shirts with then irregular hoops. The home short is a more traditional single width hoop. So they have done two different era retro shirts which I think is fine.

The problem the club has got is old skinflints like me who already has an older retro red hooped home shirt and an original blue irregular hooped away shirt that still fit and are fine with the added bonus of a proper badge who won’t be buying.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I LOVE IT
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Love both the kits and am a big fan of simple proper shirts….. we only seem to win grand finals with nice( traditional) wigan shirts so my confidence has gone sky high
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:32 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:06 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:04 pm

Why would Iqoniq sign up to this? Could it lead to less sponsorship for Wigan?
It says on the link that it has been discussed & agreed with Iqonic
And I struggle to understand why we needed to change our iconic badge. Call me old fashioned but the A&L badge was not only the best in any sport it epitomised the borough of Wigan. I will not be buying any product with a beer mate printed on it.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote:
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:32 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:06 pm It says on the link that it has been discussed & agreed with Iqonic
And I struggle to understand why we needed to change our iconic badge. Call me old fashioned but the A&L badge was not only the best in any sport it epitomised the borough of Wigan. I will not be buying any product with a beer mate printed on it.
I think Rads got mugged by some marketing company. He’s not the only one. Clubs like Castleford did similar things years ago and it’s done diddly squat.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

At least it looks like Hardaker is ‘here’ at least for the 2022 season!

Let’s see how that goes, because at the moment it looks like no West Yorkshire team appear to be interested in signing him & that was Wigan’s only option to him as to where he can go!

Both Hull clubs are a similar distance from Pontefract as it is from Wigan! Glad the club have put their foot down on this 😊

Why they can’t move back here or closer & his or her family travel to see them is just beyond me! It’s an easier solution than him travelling up & down from Pontefract every day!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan