2022 Kits Released?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: 2022 Kits Released?

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:04 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:01 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:53 pm Too many hoops not enough piping :lol:

Costa coffee badge
White box with skinny something in it?

Not into it but might buy it when it comes down to a fiver
After viewing a second time I think it would have been a lot better if they had put the original crest where the skinny box is, thus having both old and new badges onboard
Why not give people the option? It would be the A&L badge every time for me.
I’m pretty sure the club have explained many times the reason for moving away from the old badge which would answer your question?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Love it well done back to the real image of WRL
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:54 am Love it well done back to the real image of WRL
👍 same here.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:22 am
After viewing a second time I think it would have been a lot better if they had put the original crest where the skinny box is, thus having both old and new badges onboard
I’m pretty sure the club have explained many times the reason for moving away from the old badge which would answer your question?
They may have done but that doesn’t mean that I have to accept it or like it. How are they measuring if it is a success or not, did they explain that as well?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I'm just wondering what the 3rd shirt design will look like? I'd imagine the club are aware of fans desire to have a traditional club crest on atleast one shirt this season.

Not sure how I feel about the shirt with or without sponsorship. I must admit I do think the logo blends in with the shirt designs this season.

When I first seen the shirts released, there wasn't any with Iqoniq to select, so I thought we had sponsorship issues like the start of 2010.

I think if there was an option to buy a thicker traditional shirt, with a collar and very little sponsorship, I'd get that. Bit like the Billy Boston one released a few years ago.

Either way, I think it's a good job all round, huge improvement on last season.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:28 pm I'm just wondering what the 3rd shirt design will look like? I'd imagine the club are aware of fans desire to have a traditional club crest on atleast one shirt this season.

Not sure how I feel about the shirt with or without sponsorship. I must admit I do think the logo blends in with the shirt designs this season.

When I first seen the shirts released, there wasn't any with Iqoniq to select, so I thought we had sponsorship issues like the start of 2010.

I think if there was an option to buy a thicker traditional shirt, with a collar and very little sponsorship, I'd get that. Bit like the Billy Boston one released a few years ago.

They have done an alternative a ”Retro” shirt with the the original logo on the chest.

I hope they DON’T do another “alternative” shirt I’ve a wardrobe full of alternative, a lot of away & home weird shirts & testimonial shirts!

We’ve lost the first or only game ever played in all of them & they’ve all been squirrelled away not to see the light of day again! 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Ah yes. Apparently the new badge has "Wiganers Eyes" :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:45 pm

Ah yes. Apparently the new badge has "Wiganers Eyes" :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
May not have looked as bad if the colour was Cherry’n’White with maybe black piping!

See what I did there Meds 😉😉
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:44 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:28 pm I'm just wondering what the 3rd shirt design will look like? I'd imagine the club are aware of fans desire to have a traditional club crest on atleast one shirt this season.

They have done an alternative a ”Retro” shirt with the the original logo on the chest.

I hope they DON’T do another “alternative” shirt I’ve a wardrobe full of alternative, a lot of away & home weird shirts & testimonial shirts!

We’ve lost the first or only game ever played in all of them & they’ve all been squirrelled away not to see the light of day again! 😂😂
I imagine as its made by original Ellgren it will sell well and is probably good quality (I haven't been in Robin Park for a while to view them). If we are on the same page here with the retro shirts 😉.

I agree about collecting them, I donate some of mine to the Salvation Army (unless they are significant or have sentimental value). Running out of space and storage boxes 📦.

For me, I think the club have nailed next seasons home and away shirts, very happy with them. I'm only presuming (like last season), they'll announce a 3rd shirt within the season to acknowledge the anniversary. Really like the away shirt.

I must admit I loved the 2016 collection, home and away was retro/spot on and I liked the quirky green away shirt, it was different but not over the top (just bright lol). 2020 I didn't buy (which I regret because it was for a good cause). I did buy the 2021 purple one as I looked at it and thought, retro 'Melbourne-Wigan style' 🤣.

I think if the club have the same thought process with the 3rd shirt (should one be produced), as next seasons home and away, it will be a hit and generate a few bob for the club hopefully.

Keep filling the wardrobe Josie! 😉
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:09 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:44 pm

I imagine as its made by original Ellgren it will sell well and is probably good quality (I haven't been in Robin Park for a while to view them). If we are on the same page here with the retro shirts 😉.

I agree about collecting them, I donate some of mine to the Salvation Army (unless they are significant or have sentimental value). Running out of space and storage boxes 📦.

For me, I think the club have nailed next seasons home and away shirts, very happy with them. I'm only presuming (like last season), they'll announce a 3rd shirt within the season to acknowledge the anniversary. Really like the away shirt.

I must admit I loved the 2016 collection, home and away was retro/spot on and I liked the quirky green away shirt, it was different but not over the top (just bright lol). 2020 I didn't buy (which I regret because it was for a good cause). I did buy the 2021 purple one as I looked at it and thought, retro 'Melbourne-Wigan style' 🤣.

I think if the club have the same thought process with the 3rd shirt (should one be produced), as next seasons home and away, it will be a hit and generate a few bob for the club hopefully.

Keep filling the wardrobe Josie! 😉
I used to send lots of shirts & other stuff via a late, but very good friend who sadly died in 2014, who worked for Man U, to villages in Africa.

I suppose the lot that is hiding in the wardrobe would have found their way over there if he had still been here & that wardrobe would be empty!