Cust and Mago?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Cust and Mago?

Post by southportcdm »

Does anybody know for certain when they will be here? I know there are reasons why they're getting here later but the sooner we get them into the system the better. If we're hoping for a good season we need both of these players to be well above average. I know there's probably no point asking about Bevan at the moment but if anybody has a definitive update on his situation I'd appreciate it.
widdenoldboy

Re: Cust and Mago?

Post by widdenoldboy »

Jeez. this new Covid variant could easily lead to more travel bans.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I can’t see why Australia would want to stop people leaving - I could see why they might want to stop people coming in again though.

(Plus of course, as long as it doesn’t cause more severe illness - especially as the treatments are getting better and better - we shouldn’t be bothered by a faster spreading virus as we head towards 100% immunity.)
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:19 pm I can’t see why Australia would want to stop people leaving - I could see why they might want to stop people coming in again though.

(Plus of course, as long as it doesn’t cause more severe illness - especially as the treatments are getting better and better - we shouldn’t be bothered by a faster spreading virus as we head towards 100% immunity.)
It isn’t just about Australia stopping people leaving. You have to think of scenarios where there are no flights scheduled…
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It’s going to be fine. It doesn’t cause worse symptoms so we can just keep doing what we’re doing… this time next month it will all be about our new wonder treatments and we will be in clear water.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Either the jabs work or they don't! Stopping travel doesn't stop the disease from spreading!

Anyway, back to the point. Don't know about Cust but I am told that Mago didn't have a passport hence why he is not here.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:26 pm Either the jabs work or they don't! Stopping travel doesn't stop the disease from spreading!
:lol: :lol: :lol: just incase this wasn't sarcasm.
Shockingly... hold onto your hat.... it does.

Remind me how NZ have kept such a tight lid on it or how the cases they have had come from.. shock people traveling into the country who didn't follow quarantine.

Next part is not aimed at you

The British public is happy to keep everyone safe, unless it means they have to wear a mask or can't go on that holiday to Spain etc this year.

If people where not desperate to go abroad we wouldn't be worrying about variants from other countries making it.to the UK.

I just hope we don't have a lockdown, I'm really looking forward to the new season due to how the last ended and with a refreshed team.

Let's hope people can remember the toilets have a 1 way system and to wash their hands.
Last edited by Caboosegg on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:14 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:26 pm Either the jabs work or they don't! Stopping travel doesn't stop the disease from spreading!

If I may just put some perspective on this statement; research shows that the vaccines give the equivalent reduction in transmission as does previously having the disease. The UK infection rates would suggest that somewhere between a third and a half of the population have already had the disease and therefore would not receive any additional reduction in transmissibility from having the vaccine.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Remind me how NZ have kept such a tight lid on it or how the cases they have had come from.. shock people traveling into the country try who didn't follow quarantine.

Next part not aimed at you

British public happy to keep everyone safe unless it means they have to wear a mask or can't go on that holiday to Spain etc this year.

If people where no desperate to go abroad we wouldn't be worrying about variants from other countries making it.to the UK.

I just hope we don't have a lockdown, I'm really looking forward to the new season due to how the last ended and with a refreshed team.

Let's hope people can remember the toilets have a 1 way system and to wash their hands.
well said, were a country of ******* idiots....
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:14 am

Remind me how NZ have kept such a tight lid on it or how the cases they have had come from.. shock people traveling into the country try who didn't follow quarantine.

Next part not aimed at you

British public happy to keep everyone safe unless it means they have to wear a mask or can't go on that holiday to Spain etc this year.

If people where no desperate to go abroad we wouldn't be worrying about variants from other countries making it.to the UK.

well said, were a country of ******* idiots....
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Aren’t we just!! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan